Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZYNC Gone???

tag
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Re: ZYNC Gone???

Since they no longer offer zync, are they gonna close my zync account? It's barely a month old...lol

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 21 of 98
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@agforfree5 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@huntforfun wrote:

I know there are better cards out there, but reading the other post about AMEX pulling EX (which is my best report with one old charge off set to fall off in 2014) I would have liked to get my foot in the door with AMEX and was hoping to eventually get a better card down the road. I guess the bright side is im staying in the garden longer.

You can still get your foot in the door with AMEX charge cards. Zync / Green / Gold / PRG all have the same approval criteria.

Is that so?! Then how come all over the forum people have stated that Zync had/has to most "lenient" standards compared to all other Amex cards. That is the whole reason I had planned on apping for the Zync later this month.

It is true that Zync is one of the easiest charge cards to get, but so is Green, Gold, PRG. Most people do not know about these charge products having the same approval criteria.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 98
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@kobe2012 wrote:

Since they no longer offer zync, are they gonna close my zync account? It's barely a month old...lol

Highly doubt they would close anybody down, they're more than likely not taking in anymore new applications.

It's all too new to debate on, we'll havee to keep our eyes out for any other info.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 98
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

Highly doubt they would close anybody down, they're more than likely not taking in anymore new applications.

It's all too new to debate on, we'll havee to keep our eyes out for any other info.

They should just PC every zync member to green! Lol... That would be nice

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 24 of 98
agforfree5
Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@huntforfun wrote:

I know there are better cards out there, but reading the other post about AMEX pulling EX (which is my best report with one old charge off set to fall off in 2014) I would have liked to get my foot in the door with AMEX and was hoping to eventually get a better card down the road. I guess the bright side is im staying in the garden longer.

You can still get your foot in the door with AMEX charge cards. Zync / Green / Gold / PRG all have the same approval criteria.

Is that so?! Then how come all over the forum people have stated that Zync had/has to most "lenient" standards compared to all other Amex cards. That is the whole reason I had planned on apping for the Zync later this month.

It is true that Zync is one of the easiest charge cards to get, but so is Green, Gold, PRG. Most people do not know about these charge products having the same approval criteria.

Ah I see. Thank you for that.

Message 25 of 98
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Really, most of the charge cards have similar underwriting... the thing is, the zync with its low AF was the most attractive for those who were not heavy spenders.

Before you options we kind of like this:
Zync - Good for the not super huge spender - low AF

Green - Worthless (might as well stay with Zync and use packs to get 2x points in categories)
Gold - Worthless (might as well go PRG and get multiplying points)
PRG - Good for the high spender in groceries/gas/travel
Platinum - Either for the very frequent travler or the gimme bling bling kind of person 

I disagree about the Green being 'worthless'. Membership Rewards Express points earned on the Zync are not worth the same as full Membership Rewards points earned on the gree/gold/pr gold/plat card. Express points cannot be transferred to airlines miles like MR points can. Depends entirely on how you use the card. I have racked up a solid amount of points on the green. To me, it's not worth it to pay a 175.00 annual fee unless you spend very heavily on bonus categories. Gold I feel is not worth an extra 30.00 over the green.

My two cents = The Zync long term doesn't have the same appeal as the other Amex charge cards. Chase Freedom, Discover It, etc. all offer the ability to revolve balances and have no annual fee. For those that aren't spending heavily on the card, why bother paying for a mediocre rewards card (aside from wanting to get in with Amex which I understand).

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 26 of 98
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

I'm really curious to see what they will do with existing zync cardholders.

I'm not sure that amex will force those with the zync to pc right away, especially since the next closest charge card af is $95 (seems a bit unethical). Those with the zync might get to keep their zync accounts for the time being. I could envision a type of situation similar to what happened when amex changed the rewards structure for the blue cash, and allowed those with the old blue cash cards to keep their existing rewards program rather than pcing to the bce/p.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 27 of 98
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Drew1980 wrote:

I saw this as well. It hasn't been a huge success... I wouldn't be surprised if they remove it from their lineup altogether in the future.

I Think that statement is very inaccurate. The Amex Zync has actually been quite successful, there have been hundreds (if not thousands over the last 2 years) of posts of people going after the Zync, with most getting approved or eventually getting approved. Here on Myfico, we are just a small minority, there are millions of other people out there who could have this card, so to say it has been unsuccessful is actually pretty inaccurate.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 28 of 98
dimitrip
Established Member

I was going to apply for the zync card today, however it was not there so I applied for the green and was approved. I figured since it most likely will be 1 hp I applied for the delta gold also and was approved. BTW my history is not even a yeard old, have 3 accounts reporting, low util, ton of inq (probably 10) so I was shocked. I dont know my fico but it cant be better than 660 I would say.

Message 29 of 98
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@dimitrip wrote:

I was going to apply for the zync card today, however it was not there so I applied for the green and was approved. I figured since it most likely will be 1 hp I applied for the delta gold also and was approved. BTW my history is not even a yeard old, have 3 accounts reporting, low util, ton of inq (probably 10) so I was shocked. I dont know my fico but it cant be better than 660 I would say.

Congratz!!! thats pretty low score for an amex approval,but congratz anyway!!

Message 30 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.