Essence
Contributor

Re: ZYNC Gone???

Has anyone asked a CSR?

Message 41 of 98
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Bummer.....i was going to app for this after by bk ages to 8yrs in june......Wow......want to do....Smiley Sad

Message 42 of 98
joeyh2007
New Contributor

This really makes me wonder if all Zync holders will get a PC offer since you never could before. Would be great to switch to the PRG, but I really don't know what AMEX has in mind since they can be very strange at times.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex EP $1000, CSP: $12500, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $15000, First Financial Bank: $11500, Discover More: $12000, Barclays Apple Financing: $6600, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Message 43 of 98
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@joeyh2007 wrote:

This really makes me wonder if all Zync holders will get a PC offer since you never could before. Would be great to switch to the PRG, but I really don't know what AMEX has in mind since they can be very strange at times.

It would be awesome if we could PC. PRG would be my target as well. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 44 of 98
Pworld
Regular Contributor

I was pissed when part of the Vegas Pack was changed. And slightly concerned. I love using this card (MR tied to my green card so full points, and looks more unique than using the green). BUT if i have to PC............PRG here i come!!!!

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 45 of 98
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@kobe2012 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

Since they no longer offer zync, are they gonna close my zync account? It's barely a month old...lol

Highly doubt they would close anybody down, they're more than likely not taking in anymore new applications.

It's all too new to debate on, we'll havee to keep our eyes out for any other info.

They should just PC every zync member to green! Lol... That would be nice

personally unless they kept the reward stucture of the zync i think that would suck, I get double points on cable and cell phone bills, and eco friendly places. 

Green is one point on everything. I don't care if i can move points to different programs i don't fly often. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 46 of 98
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

@Drew1980 wrote:

I saw this as well. It hasn't been a huge success... I wouldn't be surprised if they remove it from their lineup altogether in the future.

I Think that statement is very inaccurate. The Amex Zync has actually been quite successful, there have been hundreds (if not thousands over the last 2 years) of posts of people going after the Zync, with most getting approved or eventually getting approved. Here on Myfico, we are just a small minority, there are millions of other people out there who could have this card, so to say it has been unsuccessful is actually pretty inaccurate.

perhaps too successful, it could be killing the green card, I keep seeing adds for green cards where AMEX makes more money. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 47 of 98
joeyh2007
New Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@gettnthere wrote:

@Drew1980 wrote:

I saw this as well. It hasn't been a huge success... I wouldn't be surprised if they remove it from their lineup altogether in the future.

I Think that statement is very inaccurate. The Amex Zync has actually been quite successful, there have been hundreds (if not thousands over the last 2 years) of posts of people going after the Zync, with most getting approved or eventually getting approved. Here on Myfico, we are just a small minority, there are millions of other people out there who could have this card, so to say it has been unsuccessful is actually pretty inaccurate.

perhaps too successful, it could be killing the green card, I keep seeing adds for green cards where AMEX makes more money. 

That's a good theory, as more people here have opted for the Zync. I know I'm happy with the 2x points on dining. 

What still bothers me is that there is not much information out yet about all this. It just happened today and information on the web is scarce, I hope there will be some clarification soon. Hopefully AMEX will email or snail mail us some info. Time to be patient.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex EP $1000, CSP: $12500, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $15000, First Financial Bank: $11500, Discover More: $12000, Barclays Apple Financing: $6600, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Message 48 of 98
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Honestly, I knew this day was coming.  I could tell that this was one of those quirky amex products that wouldn't be around for very long (Like the Amex One, or the original Optima).  I just didn't know it would come so soon.

I am guessing that Zync accounts will remain open for the foreseeable future; I doubt any of them will get PCed to other charge cards.

Message 49 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is surprising. I was just approved for it in July..glad I applied. Not sure what they plan to do for existing cardholders, but I suggest that ANYONE who has a Zync request a replacement card so that if they stop producing them, you have a nice shiny backup one in the future to be activated!

Message 50 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.