cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZYNC Gone???

tag
huntforfun

Re: ZYNC Gone???

This is the message i got after clicking confirm and continue button after the travel package page:

We apologize that the offer you are looking for may no longer be available.
Click here to learn more and apply for the current offer.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 663
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 98
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow! You're right! Even more interesting, is that it doesn't even show it as one of my cards anymore in the top on that page (I just see my PRG). I used to see both the Zync and PRG. I still have it in my account though...  Is that glittery snow card about to melt? I personally love my Zync, and I am debating heavily on to keep the PRG or the Zync at this point... If I kept the Zync, I wonder if they would eventually PC you to a Green??

Hard to say. I would guess they will continue to suport the Zync as many have it. But then again, a nice new card could show up in the mailbox soon!

I do not have mine any longer, maybe I should get one while I still can... This card may go the route of the Target Visa...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 12 of 98
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinue the Zync card either. Aside from helping people get their foot in the door with Amex, the card in and of itself is not a very good rewards card. For no annual fee the Chase Freedom or Discover it have comparable requirements for approval and offer better rewards. Contrary to what it may appear, the standards are not likely that much lower for the Zync than the other charge cards too.

They never really advertised the Zync all that much either. It was likely just a test product for a year or two.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 13 of 98
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinue the Zync card either. Aside from helping people get their foot in the door with Amex, the card in and of itself is not a very good rewards card. For no annual fee the Chase Freedom or Discover it have comparable requirements for approval and offer better rewards. Contrary to what it may appear, the standards are not likely that much lower for the Zync than the other charge cards too.

They never really advertised the Zync all that much either. It was likely just a test product for a year or two.

I agree with that. It sucks because I really like my card!! Smiley Sad

Oh well, they're goign to do what what they want with it. I would think they want more of that AF from applicants. $25 is small change.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 98
huntforfun

I know there are better cards out there, but reading the other post about AMEX pulling EX (which is my best report with one old charge off set to fall off in 2014) I would have liked to get my foot in the door with AMEX and was hoping to eventually get a better card down the road. I guess the bright side is im staying in the garden longer.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 663
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 98
agforfree5
Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

DARN IT! I was in the works off lowering my CC balances in order to apply for the Zync this month!

Well now.. Does anybody what other AMEX Charge or Rev card would have similar standards to Zync in order to "get in your foot in the door" with AMEX ?

Message 16 of 98
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@huntforfun wrote:

I know there are better cards out there, but reading the other post about AMEX pulling EX (which is my best report with one old charge off set to fall off in 2014) I would have liked to get my foot in the door with AMEX and was hoping to eventually get a better card down the road. I guess the bright side is im staying in the garden longer.

You can still get your foot in the door with AMEX charge cards. Zync / Green / Gold / PRG all have the same approval criteria.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 98
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Depends on what your stats are like, but I'd say try for Amex Green. Solid card, first year AF waived so you can try it out risk free.

I'd recommend minimum 670+ scores, no recent baddies, low utilization if possible and minimla inquiries, decent income

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 18 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really, most of the charge cards have similar underwriting... the thing is, the zync with its low AF was the most attractive for those who were not heavy spenders.

Before you options we kind of like this:
Zync - Good for the not super huge spender - low AF

Green - Worthless (might as well stay with Zync and use packs to get 2x points in categories)
Gold - Worthless (might as well go PRG and get multiplying points)
PRG - Good for the high spender in groceries/gas/travel
Platinum - Either for the very frequent travler or the gimme bling bling kind of person 

Message 19 of 98
agforfree5
Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@huntforfun wrote:

You can still get your foot in the door with AMEX charge cards. Zync / Green / Gold / PRG all have the same approval criteria.

Is that so?! Then how come all over the forum people have stated that Zync had/has to most "lenient" standards compared to all other Amex cards. That is the whole reason I had planned on apping for the Zync later this month.

Message 20 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.