Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZYNC To Gold Then PRG. - Had to do it.

tag
KayMD
Valued Member

ZYNC To Gold Then PRG. - Had to do it.

I had my ZYNC for 2 year. Then I did a PC on my account but  $175 seemed like a alot for me to pay. So I got the Gold card. Now have a kid on the way so I think that the PRG, will be great for me.

Smiley Very HappyI think?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
KayMD
Valued Member

Re: ZYNC To Gold Then PRG. - Had to do it.

They let me PC but I only had the Gold card for 3 days.

Message 2 of 10
TheSpeculator
Regular Contributor

I also PCd from Zync to the PRG. Gas and groceries will be going through it.
__
Freedom, Sapphire, Slate - HHonors, PRG, BCE - Cap1 Platinum - Discover IT - Tiffany & Co - Jared - Best Buy Citi -
Message 3 of 10
KayMD
Valued Member

I guess the people were right. The ZYNC really did open the doors of American Express to the youth. RIP to such a great card.

Message 4 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I really liked my Zync. Such a shame they discontinued it. The packs were awesome with the low AF!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

The Zync was great. I finally got a letter stating that the packs were discontinued but I could still use the card.

Message 6 of 10
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

I like my Zync too, but the more and more everyone talks about the PC to PRG, the more interested I've become.  Just a little while ago I pulled up the card and saw why it gets so much hype! The 3X points on airfare, 2X on gas and groceries, and 1X on everything else.  This would truly be a great card for me because the majority of the charges on my Zync are gas (at Costco ironically) and groceries.  I normally book air through my Flagship Visa but with these points I could make a change.  LOL.

The only thing that scares me is that whopping $175 annual fee.  I'm having a hard time convincing myself that I want to pay that year after year.

Decisions...decisions!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
TheSpeculator
Regular Contributor

Be careful Rover. I believe the gas is only at stand alone stations- which excludes Meijer, Walmart, Costco etc.
__
Freedom, Sapphire, Slate - HHonors, PRG, BCE - Cap1 Platinum - Discover IT - Tiffany & Co - Jared - Best Buy Citi -
Message 8 of 10
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@TheSpeculator wrote:
Be careful Rover. I believe the gas is only at stand alone stations- which excludes Meijer, Walmart, Costco etc.

Thanks for the heads up.  No biggie...I can always go back to using Shell.  LOL!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
KayMD
Valued Member

Same thing for me. But. my incoming kid is realy making me rethink my whole life.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.