Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZYNC denied...

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

ZYNC denied...

So I decided to try for a ZYNC after seeing some people getting approved. Received a decision, was DENIED. Reason was due to internal scoring. Main factor was a chargeoff found on a TELETRACK report! What the heck? Other factors included short history, low payments to CCs over the las year, etc..

Has this teletrack deal happened much to anybody? It was never mentioned when I was denied in March, so I worked on other things.

At least I was able to get my EX FICO a bit earlier, I'll get it thru PSECU later this week or early next. EX FICO courtesy of AmEX- 677

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: ZYNC denied...

Aw man, I'm sorry. That sucks. I honestly don't know how/why I got approved, but I'm not questioning it lol.

Is this chargeoff valid? I would definitely check it out and get it removed if it's not legit! I was denied for Zync twice when I had a collections on my account, then it just recently got deleted and I was approved...dare I say that was causing my rejection? I think so. I have a short history as well (less than a year on MY accounts, but I'm an AU on several of my parents') so I'm thinking the chargeoff is what killed it for you. 

Photobucket
Message 2 of 51
sheaoaurus
Established Member

Hey Cain, sorry about the denial. The main reason I am afraid to pull the trigger is because of high balances on my cards and only paying the minimum each month during each semester that I was not working.  I've applied a couple of times and never heard of the teletrack though...

MyFico Equifax 10?20 - 732

What's in my Wallet: Amex Zync | Amex BCP | Chase Freedom | Bank of America Power Rewards 123 | Banana Republic Visa | Capital One |
Message 3 of 51
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

No worries about the denial, I knew AAoA was short going in, just the Teletrack thing threw me for a loop. When I applied in March they told me about an account with WaMu that had been charged off, so I PFD'd with the CA and it's gone. They never mentioned teletrack or other accounts. I don't know what these accounts may be, so I'll be in contact with Teletrack tomorrow hopefully and then do a Recon with Amex since I've already taken the hit.
Message 4 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Geez...I've never heard of a Teletrack report. Can someone enlighten me?

If you can clear that up, then you probably have a good shot at Zync on a recon. My guess is that it is the only thing holding you back.

Don't worry about short AAoa. My daughter only had 4 month history and was Zync approved. Amex doesn't want to see any baddies, so that is likely the reason.

Message 5 of 51
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I've found some contact info for Teletrack, will try and call tomorrow.

I hope to join you all in the Amex family soon. I appreciate the support!
Message 6 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best of luck tomorrow. 

You can do this!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 51
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Geez...I've never heard of a Teletrack report. Can someone enlighten me?

If you can clear that up, then you probably have a good shot at Zync on a recon. My guess is that it is the only thing holding you back.

Don't worry about short AAoa. My daughter only had 4 month history and was Zync approved. Amex doesn't want to see any baddies, so that is likely the reason.

I agree with Raenys about them not wanting to see any negatives on a report. That's what I ran into with an erroneous collection on my reports, after the state AG got in touch with the CA, it was removed from all reports. While it was on there, no Z without hard limit (was a glitch while clicking accept with that one), after removed, instant Z no pre-set limit  five months later.

On my reports, I was listed as having lived in 3 places I've never lived, a couple I'd never even been (NY for one). Odd how errors can show up on a CR. I never could figure out the other places of residence issue but they were promptly corrected after contacting the CRAs.

I think once you get the Teletrack thing removed, you'll probably be approved, my util was a bit lower and AAoA was about 3.5 years I think.  If you wait 30 days, you can re-apply, not sure a recon would work as well.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 8 of 51
Smug
Established Contributor

I have been denied 3 times for zync, pulled the trigger and got it this time wait 90 days things do change.Also I do have 3 neg CO on my account
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 9 of 51
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Amex is such a different beast... I got approved with lower scores and 2 older charge offs, with no CAs though. Sorry to hear about that, my first 2 tries I was denied, third time got it

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.