Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ZYNC denied...

Apply for the card you want first.

Message 41 of 51
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I guess I want the Costco TE more, for the extra % back (to add to my 2% I already get back as an executive member), but mainly I want a card I can use at Costco, which is any AMEX, so I guess either would do. That's why I'm asking if one is "easier" to get than the other.
Message 42 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

People on here say the charge cards are indeed easier to get approved for than the revolving cards. I can't say from personal experience.

Message 43 of 51
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I'll add that my AAoA is 1 year on EQ(should be the same as EX), and 6 months on TU. I have one baddie on EX and TU(tow service chargeoff, approaching 6 years of age, not on EQ). AAoA is longer on EX and EQ because my CU loans (2 small paid installment loans and my current open auto loan) do not get reported to TU for whatever reason. CCs are 8 months old, 5 months old, and 4 months old; auto loan will be 2 years old in Feb. Considering AMEX pulls EX, is my AAoA sufficient, or do I just need to wait it out?
Message 44 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can definitely get a zync approval with that AAoA. I do not know about the costco. 

Time for bed..... 

Message 45 of 51
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Thanks shaddix...

Anyone else think the same?
Message 46 of 51
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Well, I'm not sure if it was my cards aging a few extra months or getting this Teletrack tradeline removed, but I applied for AmEx Green (was 0-2 w/ Zync, decided to change it up) and was instantly approved. Watching the screen while the decision came out was quite an experience.
Message 47 of 51
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the wild, wonderful, weird world of AMEX, -Cain-!  Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 48 of 51
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

It's been interesting to date to say the least, here's to having a wild ride the rest of the way!
Message 49 of 51
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS!  I'm so very happy for you.  I know that you have been trying to get in with Amex for a while... Diligence pays off sometimes.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.