cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZYNC from American Express (Opinions Please)

tag
ColdWater3000

ZYNC from American Express (Opinions Please)

Hello Everyone,

First, I would like to say this site is very helpful, and I'm learning a lot.  I'm following you all lead.  Thank you to everyone that post information on here to help people like me and others out that has gotten into credit trouble.

Moving forward, I knew this was a longggg shot, but I want some good credit cards to help me rebuilt.  I current have the Cap 1 and Orchard, that are ok, but I want a better card.  Good News, I did get approved for a NFCU rewards card a few months ago.

So, I applied and got this in return:

ZYNC from American Express®

We are unable to approve your original ZYNC from American Express® Card application. However, the good news is that we are able to approve you for one of two other ZYNC Card products1

You are approved for the ZYNC Card with a $500 Spending Limit and embeddedor the ZYNC Card with a $200 Spending Limit (without embedded AutoPay). Your Account information and Pack choices will carry over from your application. Instant Account feature is not available for these card and incentives such as bonus point offers do not apply.

$500 Spending Limit ZYNC Card
+ Embedded AutoPay

To get your $500 spending Limit ZYNC Card, just enroll in AutoPay.

• With AutoPay, you authorize us to deduct your monthly payments for the amount due directly from your designated bank account - so you don't forget a payment and you build a credit history.
  • When you successfully complete your AutoPay enrollment, you'll receive $10 statement credit 3 on your account

$200 Spending Limit ZYNC Card

Get a $200 Spending Limit ZYNC Card.

• Enjoy the convenience and many of the benefits that come with ZYNC from American Express.®

Top of Form

Send me the $500 Spending Limit ZYNC Card4 View Terms & Conditions

Send me the $200 Spending Limit ZYNC Card4 View Terms & Conditions

Bottom of Form

By clicking "Yes, Continue", I am accepting your offer of the ZYNC Card that I selected above and certify that I have read, met and agreed to all the terms, conditions and disclosures which contain rate, fee and other important information. I understand that the annual Card fee is $25 per year. Membership Rewards partners will receive certain information about you in order to provide the benefits of your Membership Rewards Account.

They give you the option to apply then or they will send you the link to your email and you can apply later.  I was thinking that since, I will be paying this off at the end of each month, to go with the auto-draft.  So, i went with the 500 with the auto-draft.

Do you all think this was a good start?  All opinions will be helpful.

Thank you again everyone for all your advice.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: ZYNC from American Express (Opinions Please)

Its a great way to start building a relationship with Amex. Were you approved right away after you selected the $500 spending limit option with autopay? Or are you waiting to hear back from them?

Message 2 of 5
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Heckkkk, yea you made the right choice.  What you just did was gain entrance into the "AMEX Empire."  I read here that those who went your route moved on to AMEX Green, Gold, or BCE.  I was approved for the Zync NPL and tried to get the BCE yesterday.  Of course I was disapprove due to short history with AMEX, but I am going to wait after I close on my house (next spring) to apply for the BCE.  The one great thing that came out of the disapproval was I got my FICO score and I did not expect it to be that high.  You are now part of the "secret squirrel society!"

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 3 of 5
ColdWater3000

Thanks to the both of you for your replies. New to this posting. 

I had to update with my bank information and click submit.  They say they processing my application.  I will update with any additional details if I receive any.

I was thinking the same, just to get in the door at this point.

Message 4 of 5
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I think I'm going to try this one when Chase updates this month to PIF status.  I really really want a BCE but don't think I'd qualify.  (two unpaid collections from five years ago, one 30 day late from 5/6 years ago, but almost 0% utility as I let one card report $4 every month(AF that's billed monthly which I hate but it's my highest CL at $1900) for what I've gathered max FICO effect)  I think those baddies will disqualify me but I think I'd be good for the Zync to get my foot in the door with Amex and go for BCE after I hopefully obtain a mortgage early next year.  Fico's should be in the 680-690 range but since they pull EX and you can't get EX it's just a guess.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.