cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZYNC magically changed to full Membership Rewards program?!

tag
fastfire667

ZYNC magically changed to full Membership Rewards program?!

This morning I received an email from Amex about a promo for 20% select products and gift cards. I have been saving up my MR Express points on my Zync for about a year now, and currently have about 60k. My plan was to at some point in the future app for a higher tier charge card in order to convert my points to the full Membership Rewards program. This would allow me to convert the points to frequent flyer miles.

Shortly after logging in, I clicked in the upper right hand corner on "Use Points" and then on "Airlines". Lo and behold, I am now able to transfer my points to ANY of AMEX's airline partners! I am sooo excited! I immediately linked my Aeroplan account to my  Zync card and will soon be booking a roundtrip ticket to Brazil for the 2014 World Cup Smiley Happy I have never seen this option before on my account. I know that Zync has always earned Membership Rewards EXPRESS points, meaning no airline transfers.

Has anybody else noticed that there Zync now earns full Membership Reward points? Is this a temporary glitch or a permanent change? Having an AMEX charge card that earns full MR points and enjoys all of the standard AMEX purchase protection benefits for only 25 bucks a year? Yes please! I am never canceling my Zync now Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Re: ZYNC magically changed to full Membership Rewards program?!

@fastfire667 wrote:

This morning I received an email from Amex about a promo for 20% select products and gift cards. I have been saving up my MR Express points on my Zync for about a year now, and currently have about 60k. My plan was to at some point in the future app for a higher tier charge card in order to convert my points to the full Membership Rewards program. This would allow me to convert the points to frequent flyer miles.

Shortly after logging in, I clicked in the upper right hand corner on "Use Points" and then on "Airlines". Lo and behold, I am now able to transfer my points to ANY of AMEX's airline partners! I am sooo excited! I immediately linked my Aeroplan account to my  Zync card and will soon be booking a roundtrip ticket to Brazil for the 2014 World Cup Smiley Happy I have never seen this option before on my account. I know that Zync has always earned Membership Rewards EXPRESS points, meaning no airline transfers.

Has anybody else noticed that there Zync now earns full Membership Reward points? Is this a temporary glitch or a permanent change? Having an AMEX charge card that earns full MR points and enjoys all of the standard AMEX purchase protection benefits for only 25 bucks a year? Yes please! I am never canceling my Zync now Smiley Happy

I don't know, but when I click on the Membership Rewards link for my Zync and scroll to the bottom of the page it brings me to it still says "Membership Rewards Express".

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.