Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zales - Comenity

tag
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Zales - Comenity

Good Afternoon All,

Now that Zales has switched over to Comenity, just wondering if anyone has applied under the Comenity umbrella? If so, any juicy starting limits? Any luck with instant CLI's like some of their other products? It appears that this card is pulling Experian based upon the few posts I have found. I'm curious if this card would grow like a Blue Nile. Obviously, you couldn't drop $50k at Zales, but could easily do that over at Blue Nile. 

Just curious on people's takes.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Zales - Comenity

so is kays moving to comenity too? because aren't they the same company?
Message 2 of 10
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Good question. Kay's and Jared's are both owned by Sterling Jeweler's. I don't believe Zales is/was?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's not!! lol my bad!!
Message 4 of 10
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Just approved for 3k.  

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 5 of 10
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Can you please confirm who they pulled? Experian? Also, did you hit them up for an immediate cli? I'm very curious if Zales is one of their fast growing, high limit cards.

Message 6 of 10
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Experian. Also curious as to the best way to get a CLI on this card?

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for this card back in 2012 and worked up the CL over the years. but I will say this, the new bank that has this card I really cannot stand.  29.99% interest for everyone no matter the account age or credit score? thats insain. plus ived asked for a CLI almost every 4 months and only gotten $400+ to make it a total of 1600. These guys are freaking hard to come by.  I guess they dont want you to buy expensive jewlery. Honestly, if it was not for the 6,12,18 month no interest plans, id never use it.

On that note, has anyone found a simular jewlery credit card out there? Ive talked with CSR from Kays +JBR(both are under that same company turns out, I think Jared is too), and Littman(spelling?)(plus those guys want 20% down with only 12 month no interest, which is a joke)  and none of them offer such a card like zales.  crazy world

Message 8 of 10
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

So here is my opinion. My wife and I applied for both the Zakes and Blue Nile cards. Got the blue Nile up to 27 k using the robo lady. The Zales got up to 4.5 k no higher. Decided not to purchase a 10 yr anniversary ring and got my wife a car instead. Did a lot of research and determined that Zales is way overpriced with inferior product. I closed the Zales account and will never use them again. Blue Nile offers better quality at a lower price. Would also recommend James Allen. Thanks to other MyFico members and Internet reviews I learned a lot about the diamond buying process. I ended up also closing the Blue Nile acct as I will not be buying a diamond for awhile but if I ever do I would reapply.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dbw79 wrote:

Good question. Kay's and Jared's are both owned by Sterling Jeweler's. I don't believe Zales is/was?

Zales was aquired last year by Signet Jewlers. They change from Sterling to Signet in the last year. Same operation just different name now. DW works for them

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.