Valued Member
markymark313

Zales is charging me interest!

I purchased an engagement ring last month on Zales.com. They have a promotion going that if you buy something over $500 with your zales card you will get 6 months no interest financing if paid in full within the 6 months. I got my first statement last month and made the minimum payment due. I checked this months statement online and my balance went up $200 from last months after making the payment. After I made the purchase I called customer service and the representative said  I would get the 6 months no interest financing. I tried calling them now but they're closed on the weekend. When I call and complain can they still give me the promotional financing and deduct the interest charges I got for this month? I would've never purchased it if I couldn't get no interest financing. I can't afford to pay it off now and I can't afford the interest if they can't do it for me and I also can't return the ring as I already gave it to my fiance.

Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

Re: Zales is charging me interest!

I'm not at all familiar with Zales, but I would think that if all is in order, that this is probably (hopefully) a mistake that can quickly be corrected. Just to be certain, you didn't pay late, did you? You did make certain that the payment was recieved and applied on time-- on or before the due date? One thing that will kill promotional financing deals is to pay late, even by a few hours, and they'll hit you with the interest.

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}