Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero APR ending - Need help with WHEN interest is applied

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Zero APR ending - Need help with WHEN interest is applied

Is there anyway to possibly call and find out with Cap One? Explain tou are concerned about when the interest will be applied. Im sure they can let you know when this will begin. Hopefully they can help you now so you can be prepared . Best luck Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 18
Maxi11510
Contributor

Hi Peacem, 

i dont know know if this will help however my Chase Freedom 0% for 15 months is up in November on my due date  according to both my statement and Customer Service which  ends on 11/22 and my balance must be paid in full on the November due date.  Contact your provider, they will tell you when it must be paid by before the fees hit you. 

Message 12 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Is there anyway to possibly call and find out with Cap One? Explain tou are concerned about when the interest will be applied. Im sure they can let you know when this will begin. Hopefully they can help you now so you can be prepared . Best luck Smiley Happy

Yes, this is the only sensible way!   If you get advice from here that turns out to be wrong, you can't say to CapOne "But MyFico said"....  (Of course, you will also have varying luck saying "But your CSR told me..." but you are more likely to succeed)

Message 13 of 18
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

Thanks so much for the reply, Maxi!

I def will ck with CapOne  but am on the road n don't have a cell phone.  I did try online but don't show chat icon so I will call at my destination to confirm date and when interest kicks in.j

If I understood what you shared, your 0 APR is good until Nov 22 and you have no interest showing in the amount due, and as long as you PIF, there will be no interest charge due in Dec.

I was second-guessing my budgeted amount for Nov - thinking that the interest would appear on the statement the month my 0 APR ended-  but at least for time being it seems I may not have to adjust the amount.  Again I will be confirming. 😊

Thank you - and All who responded! - for your help, concern and wise suggestion!

Blessings!

Pacem 🌼

Message 14 of 18
Maxi11510
Contributor

Pacem,

Yes for me my 15th month is up in Nov on my due date and paying it off before and having a zero balance by tthat due date I will not have any interest on my Dec statement. Wishing you the best, and definitely contact Cap1 ASAP. 

Message 15 of 18
Maxi11510
Contributor

And to answer your other question, my statements are showing zero interest at this point.

Message 16 of 18
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

Thanks for confirming, Maxi! - it is really appreciated.

I won't take any chances and will call Cap One in the morn, first thing.

Thanks again and best wishes to you too!

Pacem 🌼 

Message 17 of 18
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

So good to know - Tx!! Sounds like I might have done ok on my budget.  Can't wait to call in AM but at least I'm feeling chances are good for no number crunching! 😊

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.