Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Credit Score Givers in your 20's

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Zero Credit Score Givers in your 20's

I feel like this list changes of who with nothing on credit profiles are able to get the credit that isn't subprime.

Helping a friend and yes he has Cap1 QS One but before we go that route who is a little more generous to no credit people as of last 60 days?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Zero Credit Score Givers in your 20's

My cousin was just approved this week for a Discover card with absolutely no credit, it was for only $500 though. Discover is known to do this, they did it for me 3 years ago.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

A secured card with a bank that is known to graduate does not hurt. There is also more than three credit bureaus that just aren't discussed here. if your friend has had checking accounts, cell phones, or high interest stereo shop there might be some lingering history somewhere. That is why sometimes some people get approved and some don't when all things seem equal.

I was in my early thirties, not in school, and I signed up for a Capital One journey and discover student credit card and got those with multiple lates, recent repo and charge offs. My credit was terrible. Terrible credit is worse than no credit.

Since he already has Capital One I was just stay the course with what he has and try for B of A and hopefully get that 99. 500 offering if denied one of their regular cards
Message 3 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sorry I meant he has an offer for QS1 with $39/AF.

I realized I can probably help him into Navy so going to work that route first before a basic cap1.

But discover might be good option to test waters too... I'll keep you posted.

Message 4 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

If I had to start from scratch, a secured Discover would be my first step.

If he has a Chase checking or savings account, Freedom is a plausible approval.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

CA,,,your friend (just clarifying), has a ZERO credit score currently, because he doesnt have credit or loans right??

Discover loooves super thin files or no files lol...Smiley Wink

Id try for Discover 1st, and see what they shoot back. Even if it a $500 unsecured CL..thats fine. If not approved, then Id go the Cap1 route...
Message 6 of 11
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

They could start with an Alliant share secured loan. Then after 6 months they would have a FICO score. Or do that plus a secured credit card.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
CA,,,your friend (just clarifying), has a ZERO credit score currently, because he doesnt have credit or loans right??

Id try for Discover 1st, and see what they shoot back. Even if it a $500 unsecured CL..thats fine. If not approved, then Id go the Cap1 route...

I tried to buy Experian file and he has ZERO and I tried to have him sign up for CreditKarma and they could not locate a file.

I'm pretty sure I got him into Navy, so I'm waiting to do that first with a credit card and then have him hit up Discover, would like to bypass the $39/af cap1 and go back once he has another credit card reporting and get a no af card.

Message 8 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

I tried to buy Experian file and he has ZERO and I tried to have him sign up for CreditKarma and they could not locate a file.

I'm pretty sure I got him into Navy, so I'm waiting to do that first with a credit card and then have him hit up Discover, would like to bypass the $39/af cap1 and go back once he has another credit card reporting and get a no af card.

Makes sense!! I hope he can get in, that would be awesome! 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

If I had to start from scratch, a secured Discover would be my first step.

If he has a Chase checking or savings account, Freedom is a plausible approval.

I was denied Chase Amazon (old version). Lending has told me that they don't consider a banking relationship because it's "discriminatory".

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.