cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero balance discover-does it generate statement?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Zero balance discover-does it generate statement?

My first statement was to cut on 1/15. I had paid my balance in full before this date. My online account says I have no statements and card hasn't reported to any CRA yet. Does discover generate statements when you have zero balance? How long before this starts to report?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
knoregs
Established Contributor

Re: Zero balance discover-does it generate statement?

I'm not sure about the zero balance no report thing but Discover is a bit weird. My account was opened December 2, 2012 and when I would log in to my account it said that my statement would be cut December 18th if I remember correctly. Well the 18th came and went and no statement. After a few days I logged in and now it was reading my statement would cut January 18th, which it did. That make a roughly six week first statement period. Still no report to CRA's though. Shouldn't be long now though. ~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 2 of 11
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
My first statement was to cut on 1/15. I had paid my balance in full before this date. My online account says I have no statements and card hasn't reported to any CRA yet. Does discover generate statements when you have zero balance? How long before this starts to report?

In my personal experience with a o balance discover does issue a statement but, i do have cashback bonus as well that could be y they generate the statement and im sure it will be reported some time this week it usually takes about 5 days please don't count today or tomorrow hope this helps.

Message 3 of 11
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

I opened my account 12/24/12, charged and PIF 150.00+ by 1/12/13, statement closed 1/19/13, still had a statement 1/20/13, if that helps? 

Message 4 of 11
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@knoregs wrote:
I'm not sure about the zero balance no report thing but Discover is a bit weird. My account was opened December 2, 2012 and when I would log in to my account it said that my statement would be cut December 18th if I remember correctly. Well the 18th came and went and no statement. After a few days I logged in and now it was reading my statement would cut January 18th, which it did. That make a roughly six week first statement period. Still no report to CRA's though. Shouldn't be long now though. ~kn
This is exactly what happened to me. It said my statement would cut 1/15/13. I PIF on 1/14/13 and login today and now it says statement cuts 2/16/13.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 5 of 11
jla84
Regular Contributor

I know I've had a couple Discover statements that generated even with a $0 balance. However, IIRC I didn't PIF right before the statement cut, I just had the card SD for the month. I don't know if that helps, but this is my experience. Also, I believe Discover takes their sweet time reporting changes to your account (new account, reflecting a new CLI). 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Message 6 of 11
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

I opened my discover in 9/12, and it did not post a statment until Decemeber.  My wife opened a discover the same day, and it posted the 10/12.  It took my 3 months to show a statement, and her only a month. 

I had a balance, and she posted 0. 

Message 7 of 11
shakalaka
Established Contributor

I had the same issue. The first statement does not cut, if the period is shorter then 30 days. My first "officil" statement did cut after 45 days or so and since then every months on time. So you need to wait for next months.

Btw Discover also did not report to the CRA until after my first "official" statement.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 8 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@shakalaka wrote:

I had the same issue. The first statement does not cut, if the period is shorter then 30 days. My first "officil" statement did cut after 45 days or so and since then every months on time. So you need to wait for next months.

Btw Discover also did not report to the CRA until after my first "official" statement.

Wow! That's a bummer.  No midcycle report from them?

Message 9 of 11
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@shakalaka wrote:

Wow! That's a bummer.  No midcycle report from them?

No midcycle, extracycle, no nothing ... just everytime the statement did cut. And I used it pretty heavy the first three months and made extrapayments (still no huge credit limit so far). And had a balance report (0% APR) every time.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.