cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero balance discover-does it generate statement?

Valued Contributor

Zero balance discover-does it generate statement?

My first statement was to cut on 1/15. I had paid my balance in full before this date. My online account says I have no statements and card hasn't reported to any CRA yet. Does discover generate statements when you have zero balance? How long before this starts to report?


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Zero balance discover-does it generate statement?

I'm not sure about the zero balance no report thing but Discover is a bit weird. My account was opened December 2, 2012 and when I would log in to my account it said that my statement would be cut December 18th if I remember correctly. Well the 18th came and went and no statement. After a few days I logged in and now it was reading my statement would cut January 18th, which it did. That make a roughly six week first statement period. Still no report to CRA's though. Shouldn't be long now though. ~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 2 of 11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Zero balance discover-does it generate statement?


Duncanrr wrote:
My first statement was to cut on 1/15. I had paid my balance in full before this date. My online account says I have no statements and card hasn't reported to any CRA yet. Does discover generate statements when you have zero balance? How long before this starts to report?

In my personal experience with a o balance discover does issue a statement but, i do have cashback bonus as well that could be y they generate the statement and im sure it will be reported some time this week it usually takes about 5 days please don't count today or tomorrow hope this helps.

Message 3 of 11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Zero balance discover-does it generate statement?

I opened my account 12/24/12, charged and PIF 150.00+ by 1/12/13, statement closed 1/19/13, still had a statement 1/20/13, if that helps? 

Start: Nov'12 EQ 699/EX 685/TU 696 / Current: April''14 EQ 715/EX 709/TU 709 * Goal 750+


Message 4 of 11
Valued Contributor

Re: Zero balance discover-does it generate statement?


knoregs wrote:
I'm not sure about the zero balance no report thing but Discover is a bit weird. My account was opened December 2, 2012 and when I would log in to my account it said that my statement would be cut December 18th if I remember correctly. Well the 18th came and went and no statement. After a few days I logged in and now it was reading my statement would cut January 18th, which it did. That make a roughly six week first statement period. Still no report to CRA's though. Shouldn't be long now though. ~kn
This is exactly what happened to me. It said my statement would cut 1/15/13. I PIF on 1/14/13 and login today and now it says statement cuts 2/16/13.


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
Regular Contributor

Re: Zero balance discover-does it generate statement?

I know I've had a couple Discover statements that generated even with a $0 balance. However, IIRC I didn't PIF right before the statement cut, I just had the card SD for the month. I don't know if that helps, but this is my experience. Also, I believe Discover takes their sweet time reporting changes to your account (new account, reflecting a new CLI). 


Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Zero balance discover-does it generate statement?


Duncanrr wrote:
My first statement was to cut on 1/15. I had paid my balance in full before this date. My online account says I have no statements and card hasn't reported to any CRA yet. Does discover generate statements when you have zero balance? How long before this starts to report?

I opened my discover in 9/12, and it did not post a statment until Decemeber.  My wife opened a discover the same day, and it posted the 10/12.  It took my 3 months to show a statement, and her only a month. 

 

I had a balance, and she posted 0. 

Message 7 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: Zero balance discover-does it generate statement?

I had the same issue. The first statement does not cut, if the period is shorter then 30 days. My first "officil" statement did cut after 45 days or so and since then every months on time. So you need to wait for next months.

 

Btw Discover also did not report to the CRA until after my first "official" statement.

Amex Platinum | Discover IT | Amex BCE | Citi DCB | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Sapphire Preferred | CapOne | NFCU goRewards and CLOC | Chase Freedom | Walmart | Alliant CU Visa | Couple of Biz Cards | Gone for good: CapOne secured (thx for getting me started) | Amex Zync (thx for getting me into AX)

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 737/772/752 - Total CL 215+K

Message 8 of 11
Moderator Emerita

Re: Zero balance discover-does it generate statement?


shakalaka wrote:

I had the same issue. The first statement does not cut, if the period is shorter then 30 days. My first "officil" statement did cut after 45 days or so and since then every months on time. So you need to wait for next months.

 

Btw Discover also did not report to the CRA until after my first "official" statement.


Wow! That's a bummer.  No midcycle report from them?

Message 9 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: Zero balance discover-does it generate statement?


09Lexie wrote:

shakalaka wrote:

I had the same issue. The first statement does not cut, if the period is shorter then 30 days. My first "officil" statement did cut after 45 days or so and since then every months on time. So you need to wait for next months.

 

Btw Discover also did not report to the CRA until after my first "official" statement.


Wow! That's a bummer.  No midcycle report from them?


No midcycle, extracycle, no nothing ... just everytime the statement did cut. And I used it pretty heavy the first three months and made extrapayments (still no huge credit limit so far). And had a balance report (0% APR) every time.

Amex Platinum | Discover IT | Amex BCE | Citi DCB | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Sapphire Preferred | CapOne | NFCU goRewards and CLOC | Chase Freedom | Walmart | Alliant CU Visa | Couple of Biz Cards | Gone for good: CapOne secured (thx for getting me started) | Amex Zync (thx for getting me into AX)

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 737/772/752 - Total CL 215+K

Message 10 of 11