cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync ($500 PSL) to Premier Gold. Possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Zync ($500 PSL) to Premier Gold. Possible?

Approved for PRG with 50K points and apped for Platinum too and got 14 day notice. Should I recon?

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 12 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved for PRG with 50K points and apped for Platinum too and got 14 day notice. Should I recon?

AFAIK Amex is a very tough cookie to recon. Only if your report is reporting in error will they reverse a decision.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 21
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Why did you app for two charge cards?

If you actually get the bonus you will be very lucky, AMEX does not normally give out the bonus for charge cards if you already have one.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 14 of 21
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My question is whether do I even stand a chance? If Amex doesn't think i'm good enough to get NPSL on Zync after 13 months then why will they approve for PRG?

Apply for the PR Gold with 50K bonus and first year fee waived.  If declined, it's only a SP.  Nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

UGH. here we go.  If you have a hard limit Zync you do not qualify for ANY other Amex product until you cancel the Zync.  Also to be qualified for the PRG sign up bonus you have to wait 90 days from when you canceled the Zync.  And third Amex will never upgrade your Zync to the NPSL....Ever. your card is a dead end.  Cancel it and move on. YMMV

That is a myth that has been proven false multiple times.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 15 of 21
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Why on earth would you app for two charge cards?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 16 of 21
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

I just recently did a post on this:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/SURPRISING-Amex-approval-O/m-p/1891863

I also have the Zync with the $500 hard limit and I applied for the Amex Gold PRG and got approved then a week later I applied for the BCE and also got approved. Smiley Very Happy I have no negatives on my report. I builded good payment history with my little unicorn card (Zync) and despite the rumors of not being able to get approved because of the hard limit on my Zync that Is false but YMMV. I broke the curse and got myself approved for 2 other Amex's. Smiley Very Happy so go for it Prady
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well because im travelling to Peru, London, Paris, Rome, and India in next 8 months. So i thought it wud be great idea to use Platinum and enjoy the benefits

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved! for Platinum as well. Wooohoo!

Message 19 of 21
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved! for Platinum as well. Wooohoo!

Huge Congrats !  Smiley Happy

There are a lot of (ahem) "Facts" floating around about Zync that aren't entirely accurate.  Smiley Wink

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.