Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync 500 hard limit

tag
dougie109
Established Member

Zync 500 hard limit

I posted about two weeks ago with the hard limit on my amex zync. Has anyone been approved for a product change with the american express zync card with the 500 dollar hard limit? I have just gone on a recent application spree and have aquired some of my new favorite cards and i have really enjoyed amex however the limit makes it extremely hard to use this card without paying 5 or maybe even 6 times a month. my credits score is decent ( 730) and i applied for the blue cash rewards before any other applications and was turned down. I dont understand how penfed and navy federal and citi , as well as chase saphhire preferred can approve me with good limits and amex cant approve the blue cash card or upgrade my zync. I have zero baddies and 3 and half years of history.

I was recently approved for Penfed platinum cash rewards and was wondering if i split the limit between the cash rewards and the penfed amex if that would help on the amex front. I have had my zync for around 2 and half years and never a problem. Someone suggested cancel my zync but I really like the points as well as the card itself. Any ideas would be greatly appricaited.  

In My Wallet:
| Chase Sapphire Preferred (01/2014) | Penfed Platinum Cash preferred (01/2014 | NFCU cashRewards (01/2014 | Citi Diamond Preferred (01/2014 | Walmart Discover (01/2014 | Bank Of Americard (04/2012) | Capital One Quicksilver Visa (08/2010) | Capital One Quicksilver MasterCard (12/2010) | Amex Zync (04/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | Discover more (12/2011) |
Transunion 720 Experian 728 Equafax 704
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Zync 500 hard limit

@dougie109 wrote:

I posted about two weeks ago with the hard limit on my amex zync. Has anyone been approved for a product change with the american express zync card with the 500 dollar hard limit? I have just gone on a recent application spree and have aquired some of my new favorite cards and i have really enjoyed amex however the limit makes it extremely hard to use this card without paying 5 or maybe even 6 times a month. my credits score is decent ( 730) and i applied for the blue cash rewards before any other applications and was turned down. I dont understand how penfed and navy federal and citi , as well as chase saphhire preferred can approve me with good limits and amex cant approve the blue cash card or upgrade my zync. I have zero baddies and 3 and half years of history.

I was recently approved for Penfed platinum cash rewards and was wondering if i split the limit between the cash rewards and the penfed amex if that would help on the amex front. I have had my zync for around 2 and half years and never a problem. Someone suggested cancel my zync but I really like the points as well as the card itself. Any ideas would be greatly appricaited.  

The penfed only uses the Amex system it's no way that will help you with Amex! If they have a hard limit on you only time will help! Really nothing you can do as for as Amex

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 11
SorenX

With a score like that, I have no idea why you wouldn't get approved for the BCE, especially if you have a good history with them. I just got my Blue Cash card in the mail yesterday and they approved me with a score of 655 and an annual income of only about $30K.

Sometimes the ways of the decision-making of these companies is strange and cryptic to me.

Message 3 of 11
newUser0
Established Contributor

@dougie109 wrote:

There is no use if you split limit on your penfed cards.

My suggestions would be, try for recon and can you tell us what all the reasons they have mentioned in letter? and your internal score in letter?

Message 4 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Do you know what caused the hard limit?

Were you doing manufactured spending? Or was your utilization really high or had some issues on your CR then?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 11
newUser0
Established Contributor

Will they hard fix your card, if you do MS?

Never heard anything like this before.

Message 6 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

MS has a higher chance of causing a FR, which may then result in a CLD / hard limit imposed.

At the same time, with a much lower limit, the customer can't really do MS as much as say having a 5 digit limit, since it takes time for transactions to post, and then paid off before available credit frees up again.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 11
SorenX

Y'all gotta aware me on some of these acronyms. What is MS?

Message 8 of 11
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@SorenX wrote:

Y'all gotta aware me on some of these acronyms. What is MS?

Manufactured spending.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 11
SorenX

@tinuviel wrote:

Manufactured spending.

And what is THAT?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.