Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync American Express

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Zync American Express

I think this is the prettiest credit card I have ever seen besides the Black American Express of course.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: Zync American Express

Forget that trash talk about being pretty.  You need to look at it like the UPS ad ......"What can Brown 'Zync' do for you?"  Is it beneficial to you or not?  If it isn't just keep on going. 

Message 2 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

it's better than the Green that it was product changed from!
Message 3 of 15
manyquestions
Established Contributor

**bleep** straight!  I traded my Green for the Zync for prettiness sake.  Shout it from the highest mountain.
Message 4 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

So much for looks. Amex is brain dead. I have active Amex Biz Platinum Charge card on which I could charge more than $15k. But they declined me for Zync card stating my risc score is too high. They are nuts.

Message 5 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

CreditAddict, was the switch from Green to Zync as easy as asking for a product change? I love my charge card, but I don't want to pay the $175 AF that is creeping due in February.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

So much for looks. Amex is brain dead. I have active Amex Biz Platinum Charge card on which I could charge more than $15k. But they declined me for Zync card stating my risc score is too high. They are nuts.

I've been a card carrying Amex member since 2000. Nothing bad ever, they gave me a personal Plat card and declined me for a Costco Amex? Same basic idea.....even though my FICOs were 760+ I was too risky based on their internal risk score. 
 So I stopped using them altogether because they seem like they don't know their ass from their elbow.  

Message 7 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes as easy as call and thank you... once the account switches over online, you go in and add the packages you want yourself.
Message 8 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
yes as easy as call and thank you... once the account switches over online, you go in and add the packages you want yourself.

Thanks for that! I called and switched. She said the only difference is that you can't switch your MR points to other cards like SkyMiles. I only have a Clear, so as long as I don't lose my 35,000 MR points (she promised I wouldn't) then that means nothing to me. 

I have so many recurring bills on my Gold that I was hesitant to close it. This was a great option for me. Thanks for letting me know!

Here we go again...
Message 9 of 15
MattH
Senior Contributor

Here is what a NY Times commentator says about Zync:

Article

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.