Senior Contributor
Open123

Re: Zync Approved!!!

The Zync is a great card!

Use it well and build a good internal risk and transaction score with Amex, and you'll be approved for any of their cards in 8 - 12 months.  In my view, what really sets Amex apart is how they tend to look at where you'll be as opposed to where you were.  

Mega Contributor
LS2982

CONGRATS!!!!

I love my Zync!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
MsLadyRover

Woo Hoo! Congrats on your Zync!

I was recently approved too. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Open123

Ensure you guys sign up for the Eco pack (free) and the Home Pack (gift card pays for the fee)!

Valued Contributor
MsLadyRover

Open123 wrote:

Ensure you guys sign up for the Eco pack (free) and the Home Pack (gift card pays for the fee)!

Absolutely! I signed up for all the free packs plus the home and restaurant pack. 

Senior Contributor
Open123

MsLadyRover wrote:

Open123 wrote:

Absolutely! I signed up for all the free packs plus the home and restaurant pack. 

Awesome!

I love the restaurant pack, especially when combined with the Eco which confers 3% on some eateries!  All the free stuff and gift cards, the restaurant literally pays for itself.

Valued Contributor
MsLadyRover

Open123 wrote:

MsLadyRover wrote:

Open123 wrote:

Awesome!

I love the restaurant pack, especially when combined with the Eco which confers 3% on some eateries!  All the free stuff and gift cards, the restaurant literally pays for itself.

Woo Hoo! Can't wait to start enjoying the benefits.  

By the middle of next week, I will be running to the mailbox looking for my card. LOL.

Regular Contributor
muumike

Thanks guys.

I've read about the high balance reported factoring into how your monthly charges stack up against the high balance - affecting FICO. Any truth to this? Or any guidance on how to properly use a charge (other than obviously PIF monthly) that will help me avoid any negative impact to my score?
Regular Contributor
muumike

Also just saw AMEX pulled all three bureaus.
New Visitor
Credit_Newbie

I got the zync with pretty much the same scores as the OP just a few points higher and I got hit with a hard limit of $500? :smileysurprised: oh well...at least I got my feet in the door with Amex.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}