Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync Autopay...or not?

tag
rosegardener
Established Member

Zync Autopay...or not?

Got the Zync with the $500 hard limit and autopay.  During application process entered my bank information.  First statement came, 'Please pay by dat'e was 09/23.  Logged into everything tonight....no payment on Zync account or out of bank account.  Freaked out, called Amex, lady reassured me I had until sometime in October to make payment, and confirmed that my account was NOT on autopay.  She had no idea what  I was talking about with the hard limit and autopay.

I made the payment of course right away, but color me confused.  Anyone run into this before?

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

Re: Zync Autopay...or not?

Autopay takes a minimum of 1-2 billing cycles to kick in. Meanwhile, I would suggest that you continue to make manual payments to be on the safe side.

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 6
rosegardener
Established Member

Ah ha.  Sounds good.  Thanks for the info Smiley Happy Will do!

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 3 of 6
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@rosegardener wrote:

Got the Zync with the $500 hard limit and autopay.  During application process entered my bank information.  First statement came, 'Please pay by dat'e was 09/23.  Logged into everything tonight....no payment on Zync account or out of bank account.  Freaked out, called Amex, lady reassured me I had until sometime in October to make payment, and confirmed that my account was NOT on autopay.  She had no idea what  I was talking about with the hard limit and autopay.

I made the payment of course right away, but color me confused.  Anyone run into this before?

That's not surprising really. Alot of posters on here have reported that the majority of amex csrs are unfamiliar with the 500/200 hard limit zync.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 4 of 6
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

From what i understand since its a charge card it all needs to be paid. 

since they are new charges they aren't due that month. 

so when the statemnet closes the next time it says due by and xxx amount. 

i had a 430 balance and it said statement closes 29th. 

i already pif to not take the chance. 

im thinking i should call the number and find out if im even enrolled. 

i mean i set up my online banking to pif anyways but thats besides the point since i was requried to set up auto pay to get the 500 limit. (not holding my breath but hopefully by good payment history and usage they will remove the hard limit) or ill let them keep softing me.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 5 of 6
rosegardener
Established Member

Yeah I wasn't surprised to hear that she had no idea.  I am going to keep a close eye on it and just pay prior to the statement date.  No biggie, I made the assumption that since Amex was so insistent on the autopay with the hard limit that they would impose it right away.  Thats what I get for assuming and thinking it was going to be easy, LOL!  Serves me right.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.