Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync Extended Warranty Benefits?

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

Zync Extended Warranty Benefits?

I had to replace my iphone 4 on June 1, 2012 after the battery stopped holding a charge and I could only talk on it on speakerphone because the mic stopped working.... Paid with my Zync card, $159....

Fast forward to today, get out the car for work and my phone falls out of its case and the screen shatters. I want to get it fixed ASAP.

I know Amex has warranty options on purchases, but with the discontinuation of my Zync, can't really find any info on what exactly it is. Any body have any insight??

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Zync Extended Warranty Benefits?

Warranty covers manufacturer's defects, I don't think after shattering the phone you would be able to take any benefit out of it.

Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I think it basically extends the manufacturer ( apple ) warranty by 1 year.

Not sure if it would be covered but it's worth a try IMO.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

You're looking to file a Purchase Protection claim. They coverage covers accidental damage within 90 days from purchase date for up to the purchase amount.

Other posters are correct but they are stating the wrong type of coverage. Extended Warranty doubles manufacture's warranty up to another year.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.