Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync Gone : Now What are chances for BCE or BCP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zync Gone : Now What are chances for BCE or BCP

Hi,

i have been denied for BCE last month when my credit history was 11 months. This month i received offers for gold and green card. What are my chances of BCE if I apply in oct? 

i am planning for zync card and then pull the trigger for BCE on same day. I have 12 month history with 1% util, PIF all times. Negative point is around 8 inqueries Smiley Sad

Edit: Now Zync is not available so I have to go with Green card. I dont really want to pay $95 annually for green, so I am planning to cancel green when I got BCE.

What are your views?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: What are chances for BCE or BCP

Seems to me like you'd have a good shot now that you have hit a year with revolving history. Do you currently hold any AMEX?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not think 1 month will change the decision much, but I think your income would play a significant factor in approval for your case with a thin file. How old are your other cards?

The criteria for BCE and BCP is practically the same - you just have to decide which is better for you and app for that card.

Message 3 of 16
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Never mind, just re-read your post. I think you have an excellent shot at the Zync and a good shot a BCE. and if you app for both at the same time you MAY only receive 1 HP for both! And if for some reason you are denied for BCE but approved for ZYnc it should still only be 1hp instead of 2. Someone correct me if i am wrong. I'd say go for them!! Goodluck!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont have any amex card and i have income around 80K.

thats why i want to apply for zync then same day BCE. It will be considered only 1 inquery.

Message 5 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

i have been denied for BCE last month when my credit history was 11 months. This month i received offers for gold and green card. What are my chances of BCE if I apply in oct? 

i am planning for zync card and then pull the trigger for BCE on same day. I have 12 month history with 1% util, PIF all times. Negative point is around 8 inqueries Smiley Sad

I think you have a good shot, app for the Zync 1st then the BCE/P immediately if you get approved for Zync.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 16
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I think you have a good shot, app for the Zync 1st then the BCE/P immediately if you get approved for Zync.

Thats what is was thinking too. Wonder what his chance is at getting only 1Hp for both apps?

Message 7 of 16
jamie123
Valued Contributor

I think the Zync would definitely be approved. I think the odds on approval of the BCE are good enough to give that a try also. Hey, it will only be a soft pull if denied anyway.

Be prepared to get the 7 to 10 day notice on the BCE app though. When you are a new customer of AMEX and app for 2 cards on the same day it sometimes triggers their fraud alert with the 2nd app. They worry about someone using stolen identities to open accounts. You usually just have to give them a call and send in proof of identity.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 8 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jamie123 wrote:

I think the Zync would definitely be approved. I think the odds on approval of the BCE are good enough to give that a try also. Hey, it will only be a soft pull if denied anyway.

Be prepared to get the 7 to 10 day notice on the BCE app though. When you are a new customer of AMEX and app for 2 cards on the same day it sometimes triggers their fraud alert with the 2nd app. They worry about someone using stolen identities to open accounts. You usually just have to give them a call and send in proof of identity.

Good point, you'll have to call in to verify yourself when asking about app status.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think your app for Zync will be approved. Definitely app for the BCP/BCE immediately afterwards and chances are high it will only be one hard pull

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.