tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Zync - can't add authorized user

@distantarray wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

I wanted to add my sister to my Zync card so she could have an emergency card if she got in a bind.  Well I went to the website and clicked on link to add user.  Well, it will only let me add her to my Delta card (which still has a low limit of 2k - thanks for not updating my SP AMEX Smiley Happy ).  Prior to the card being discontinued by AMEX was anyone able to add an AU to their Zync card?  My CL on my Delta card isn't high enough for me to add her and my NFCU is too new.  My AMEX is backdated to 1993 so she would get almost 20 years bump to her AAoA.

I think Webby added DH as an AU on her card; I believe others have as well.  I suspect this is simply a result of the discontinuation of the card no longer being issued, apparently that includes additional cardmembers as well.

I added my DH as an AU in March 2013 with no issues....  He uses his card daily, bought our McDs with it today! 

I'm going to be getting PRG next year, and I'll add my daughter as an AU in March 2015

So how's the economy in 2013? getting better? =)

sorry; I spent my day planning 2013... I meant 2012!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 21 of 22
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Zync - can't add authorized user

@TNTransplant wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

Thanks for info.  I was able to add my sister to my Zync account and have a card ordered for her in her name by calling the number on the back of the card.  Im sure she will enjoy the AU CR score bump from almost 20 years of backdating goodness!

Duncanrr,

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe I am.  Amex stopped backdating additional card members last November (per a conversation I had with a rep), and your sister will receive a Card Member Since date of 2012.  I was added as an AU on a relative's account earlier this year, and they would not backdate.  However, when I got two cards of my own later this year, they did backdate those back to when I had an account in 2006; they would still not change the AU card - that remained as 2012.

No TNT is correct. No backdating for additional card members (ADM's) as of Nov of 2011.   Smiley Sad

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.