Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync cancelled

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zync cancelled

Hello, looking for some answers as what to do next. I applied for a zync last november and recieved the 500 dollar hard limit option. I quickly realized this was not the card i was hoping for. I continued to apply for the platinum card and was continually denied. I thought I just needed time, but after some digging I realized that I would never recieve another AMEX while I had this card open. So today I called and cancelled the card.  Back story is when I applied i didnt realize i had a collection account on my report that was erroneous. I had it removed and my score is back in the mid-700's. My AAOA is just over 3 years. Biggest credit line is USAA @ 12k, then the CSP @ 6k. I have eight total INQ's on EX (most from a car loan shop) 3 reach the year mark in november. Income is about 60k, I want the platinum for the lounge access. When will be the appropriate time to apply? right now I am planning to wait until January to take full advantage of the back dating. Is this the best option? In January all my INQ's will be past 6 months. Ive been an AU on my SO gold card since May. will this help with a future app? thanks for all your comments/suggestions.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Zync cancelled

As long as your last denial was more than 30 days away I would say you could apply at any time. However, you might want to wait to see if you can get a signing bonus and wait the 3 months and apply to get it.

Message 2 of 25
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

I hate to tell you, but you shouldn't have cancelled that zync.

If you didnt want it, you should have just sock drawered it until the AF was due and either try to get it waived or just pay it to keep your account in good standings with AMEX.

from what I gathered, zync wasn't a bad card and was a great way to get into the door with AMEX so that when you go to add another one of their cards they would back date it to the date of the origional zync date.

Now the zync is nor more (well they aren't accepting any new apps for it ever again). I'd wait it out and let some inquires drop off. If you kept apping for cards its going to look like your desperate even if your in prime land. I haven't heard of being an AU on a card helping one get said card, though it does help with your scores as long as there is no negative info associated with it.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 3 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

January looks like a good time to APP. There are other cards out there with lounge access that might be worth checking out. If you are set on that card particularity, it looks like January should work.

Make sure you get your utilization right before you apply. Have all cards but one reporting a zero balance, and have that one card report a 9% or less utilization.

Good luck to you.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 25
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@scarrollprint wrote:

If you didnt want it, you should have just sock drawered it until the AF was due and either try to get it waived or just pay it to keep your account in good standings with AMEX.

from what I gathered, zync wasn't a bad card and was a great way to get into the door with AMEX so that when you go to add another one of their cards they would back date it to the date of the origional zync date.

Now the zync is nor more (well they aren't accepting any new apps for it ever again). I'd wait it out and let some inquires drop off. If you kept apping for cards its going to look like your desperate even if your in prime land. I haven't heard of being an AU on a card helping one get said card, though it does help with your scores as long as there is no negative info associated with it.

+1 on the Quote.

Again, you should not cancelled the Zync, call them back and told them you made a mistake, beg or do whatever to get it back. After 6 months, apply for the card that you want with amex.

Call them back and see if you can get it back. Ask for supervisor or higher.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 5 of 25
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@scarrollprint wrote:

+1 on the Quote.

Again, you should not cancelled the Zync, call them back and told them you made a mistake, beg or do whatever to get it back. After 6 months, apply for the card that you want with amex.

No. No. No. No. No.

He has the hard limit Zync. As has been discussed numerous times on this forum, he will continue to be denied for the Platinum as long as he has that hard limit Zync. Therefore, he was correct to cancel the Zync, as otherwise he will NEVER get the card he wants. As he has good credit lines from good lenders, there is no reason to keep a card with a 500 limit that will never grow and is actively preventing him from getting a card he wants.

OP, I think you should wait at least 90 days so as to ensure you are eligible for any signing bonuses.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 6 of 25
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

@scarrollprint wrote:

+1 on the Quote.

No. No. No. No. No.

He has the hard limit Zync. As has been discussed numerous times on this forum, he will continue to be denied for the Platinum as long as he has that hard limit Zync. Therefore, he was correct to cancel the Zync, as otherwise he will NEVER get the card he wants. As he has good credit lines from good lenders, there is no reason to keep a card with a 500 limit that will never grow and is actively preventing him from getting a card he wants.

OP, I think you should wait at least 90 days so as to ensure you are eligible for any signing bonuses.

You are right.

Sorry OP.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 7 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

@scarrollprint wrote:

+1 on the Quote.

No. No. No. No. No.

+1 agree

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't blame you for closing the Zync, good call.  I would recommend applying in January for max backdating and to allow the inquiries to age a little bit.  I think you would be a good candidate then.

Message 9 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Good cancelling the zync, you would have been stuck with the limit forever.

+1 to apping in january for backdating, and if you have no luck then I would just look for a different card.

If you're set on having a plat and another card isnt an option, you could try for a different charge card and build some more history with amex, and then try again.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.