Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync cancelled

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Zync cancelled

i just spoke with a very nice lady at the AMEX Exec. offices concerning my Zync. She clearly explained that it will never have the hard limit removed, but mentioned that my current status as a cardmember was excellent and suggested that i apply for the AMEX Blue (plain Blue) in March 2013, and there should be a great chance of approval then apply for a better charge card then eventually a better revolver. She never once mentioned anything about not being able to get another AMEX due to having the Zync. 

I've seen this in a couple threads now, but not sure about how credible it really is. So what I gathered from this thread is that I will HAVE to cancel my Zync before ever being able to apply and get approved for a different AMEX card? 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 11 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

J_casteel:

afaik , the hard limit must factor into your internal risk score. I've heard countless stories of people with the hard limits being denied for other amex products.
Message 12 of 25
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
J_casteel:

afaik , the hard limit must factor into your internal risk score. I've heard countless stories of people with the hard limits being denied for other amex products.

i've applied for other charge cards before getting some things removed from my reports. The reasons for denial on the AMEX letters were what I had removed. (A wrongful collection, and some recent lates) Never once did it mention anything about having a bad internal risk score. If anything I think I would have a good internal risk score considering I've had the card over 4mths now, increased my EX FICO ~70pts, and have been averaging $1800-$2000 through it. Which isn't easy considering I have a $500 limit and having to constantly make payments. 

Oh well, I'll just do as the lady suggested and wait until March and apply for the Blue. She said from her experience from working in the AMEX Exec. offices for the past 20yrs that the Blue card is the easiest to get of all, even charge cards, because they are usually able to offer a much lower initial starting credit limit and less rewards, etc then build from there. 

I guess we'll see in March what the denial reason's say if I get denied. 

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 13 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
J_casteel:

i've applied for other charge cards before getting some things removed from my reports. The reasons for denial on the AMEX letters were what I had removed. (A wrongful collection, and some recent lates) Never once did it mention anything about having a bad internal risk score. If anything I think I would have a good internal risk score considering I've had the card over 4mths now, increased my EX FICO ~70pts, and have been averaging $1800-$2000 through it. Which isn't easy considering I have a $500 limit and having to constantly make payments. 

Oh well, I'll just do as the lady suggested and wait until March and apply for the Blue. She said from her experience from working in the AMEX Exec. offices for the past 20yrs that the Blue card is the easiest to get of all, even charge cards, because they are usually able to offer a much lower initial starting credit limit and less rewards, etc then build from there. 

The blue is basically just the revolving version of the zync. Earns MRe points, nothing too special about it. At the rate your FICO is increasing (if you're going to wait until march to apply) then I would go for something better than the blue. Seems like a pointless card if you have a zync. 

Good Luck! 

Message 14 of 25
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
J_casteel:

The blue is basically just the revolving version of the zync. Earns MRe points, nothing too special about it. At the rate your FICO is increasing (if you're going to wait until march to apply) then I would go for something better than the blue. Seems like a pointless card if you have a zync. 

Good Luck! 

yeah, i figured that. 

She did mention that while there is no guarantee for anything, but if my score keeps increasing and gets to 700+ before that I could probably just go ahead an apply for the card. 

I'd rather have MR or Cashback rewards over the MRe points, but hopefully any of them would be better than the Zync. I like the card, but making a dozen payments a month is starting to get old. 

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 15 of 25
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Are you chasing transactions, as to keep it at zero, or are you running it up, and paying when the ceiling is close?

Message 16 of 25
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Are you chasing transactions, as to keep it at zero, or are you running it up, and paying when the ceiling is close?

i just use it basically to replace my debit card. I use it so much and make payments to keep an available balance. I have auto-pay setup but have never had a payment due b/c i make so many payments per month/week already. 

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 17 of 25
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

The reason I asked this is because if you're putting $500 (or close), on the card, then making one single payment in full towards them, then starting over again at $0 balance, this will make Amex VERY happy, and there is a great chance of PC'ing to another card up the totem pole. For as many people that have written "hard limit is permanent," I've read just as many saying "after month thirteen I PC'd."

I don't care how many times I read "Never get it removed," as if you're making ANY credit card company money, and you use them loyally, you'll eventually get rewarded (excluding C1).

Message 18 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The reason I asked this is because if you're putting $500 (or close), on the card, then making one single payment in full towards them, then starting over again at $0 balance, this will make Amex VERY happy, and there is a great chance of PC'ing to another card up the totem pole. For as many people that have written "hard limit is permanent," I've read just as many saying "after month thirteen I PC'd."

I don't care how many times I read "Never get it removed," as if you're making ANY credit card company money, and you use them loyally, you'll eventually get rewarded (excluding C1).

You're probably more likely to get a CLI/PC from cap1 than PCing the zync (unless they do something new since it is no longer available to new applicants). It is amex policy to NOT pc the zync, whether you have the hard limit or not. 

I have read a few threads about people getting their hard limit removed, but that was a while ago and most recent people have had no luck getting their hard limit removed. 

Message 19 of 25
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

There is NO WAY it is going to ever get the hard limit removed. I was told several times from several different CSR's and then the last time the very nice lady at the Exec. office confirmed it citing the terms & conditions yada yada yada. I called to request a limit increase or anything. She even tried to manually submit a CLI on the card and it told her the card was not eligible. She did that just to see if it would work b/c I requested that if I couldn't get NPSL that I would like at least $3k and she said that is fair considering the amount I use the card and it didn't work. The Zync "500" is set that way. I think the only time the hard limits have ever gotten removed may have been when they had a temporary hard limit set on there. The Zync "500" is the card you get if you couldn't get the regular one and it is it's own card. No CLI and no PC. When I first got the card I was under the impression it would eventually lose the cap, but have now just came to terms with it. I'll continue to use it like I do and eventually get another AMEX. 

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.