Zync card

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Zync card

@afbar1114 wrote:

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

So I wondering is getting an AMEX card (even if its the zync) mean you have good credit? I am glad I got this card because its a real card to me compared to cap1 or the others I have. I am also surprised I have NPSL. Is having an amex good? I compared it to the blue card and I get more perks with the zync then you with a blue card. I plan on using this as my primary card and setting my self limits each week and paying it off weekly. So I get more points. 

It means you have good credit with them. They tend to be fussy. I would say it's a good thing. Sounds a bit like you wanted it for the "prestige" of having an Amex card.

yes your are right about that. i was happy because it means i have good credit in order to get this. i called them and they told me its hard to get this card as well and if i have a good payment history i can get a gold card. dont know if its worth it for the price. this has a lower AF then that does and you get the same points and perks and it looks cooler 

Amex is perceived to be a prestigious card issuer by some;  Many of their cards, especially their revolving CCs, are hard to get without good to excellent credit.  

Zync is their "foot in the door" card for many;  the PR gold charge card is good if you really like their MR program, the AF is steep at $175 but if you use it enough it you can more than make up for it.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 31 of 64
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

So I wondering is getting an AMEX card (even if its the zync) mean you have good credit? I am glad I got this card because its a real card to me compared to cap1 or the others I have. I am also surprised I have NPSL. Is having an amex good? I compared it to the blue card and I get more perks with the zync then you with a blue card. I plan on using this as my primary card and setting my self limits each week and paying it off weekly. So I get more points. 

It means you have good credit with them. They tend to be fussy. I would say it's a good thing. Sounds a bit like you wanted it for the "prestige" of having an Amex card.

yes your are right about that. i was happy because it means i have good credit in order to get this. i called them and they told me its hard to get this card as well and if i have a good payment history i can get a gold card. dont know if its worth it for the price. this has a lower AF then that does and you get the same points and perks and it looks cooler 

Congrats on the Approval!! Given that you treat the card right, Amex will take in to consideration your payment history when you apply for future products. I don't think you will be able to upgrade the Zync, and its also important to point out that the Zync earn's MR Express points which are worth less than MR points the you earn with Green, Gold, PR Gold and Platinum. Sill its a 'foot in the door' with a prime lender.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 64
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Yes its is a good step into a prime lender and with what AMEX gives it seems it will be my card of choice for a while and i wonder what the welcome kit looks like lol... Maybe one day I will be able to get a gold or platinum. 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 33 of 64
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

afbar, what have you heard about the Welcome Kit?
Message 34 of 64
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
afbar, what have you heard about the Welcome Kit?

nothing im justwoundering do they give you one at all...

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 35 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@afbar1114 wrote:

The first time I used my Zync at a hotel they had never heard of the Zync and had never seen an Amex Platinum so they assumed my Zync was the platinum and upgraded my room Smiley LOL

Message 36 of 64
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

The first time I used my Zync at a hotel they had never heard of the Zync and had never seen an Amex Platinum so they assumed my Zync was the platinum and upgraded my room Smiley LOL

cool

Message 37 of 64
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

I should try that although I have the Platinum. Or I should paint my Zync Black

Message 38 of 64
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

good idea,,, i cant read the numbers now anyway

Message 39 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

I have a Cap1 card which I can redesign with an image that I supply. Think they'll accept a black background with a silver centurion in the middle?

Message 40 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.