Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync counter offer

tag
lorenzj4
Established Member

Zync counter offer

Applied online and got the counter offer of 500 autopay or 200. I decided to open up a new window and do some research before a accepted one of the offers.
When I switched back over the page had timed out and now there's no way to go back and make my choice. I called the rep, he seemed clueless about a 500/200 offer. All that he could tell was my application was pending. Did they just cancel my app because I didn't make a choice? Thanks for any help. I cant believe i did this.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: Zync counter offer

There are tons of Zync topics (with regards to the 500/200 set limits) on this forum, you shoulve definitely made your research on here first...
Message 2 of 24
G19OD
Contributor

This sounds like a pretty unique case 2NE1.

OP, I would assume the app is being reviewed and/or you need to call to accept? Strange he didn't know about it. Hope for NSPL!

Message 3 of 24
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@lorenzj4 wrote:

Applied online and got the counter offer of 500 autopay or 200. I decided to open up a new window and do some research before a accepted one of the offers.
When I switched back over the page had timed out and now there's no way to go back and make my choice. I called the rep, he seemed clueless about a 500/200 offer. All that he could tell was my application was pending. Did they just cancel my app because I didn't make a choice? Thanks for any help. I cant believe i did this.

I randomly applied for the Zync last month. I never had an AMEX before nor had any current offers from them. They gave me the option for the $500 w/autopay or $200 hard limit card as well. I took the $500 card. Been a great card so far. I'm sure you can just call and talk to the rep and let them know that their site had issues while processing your app and they will get you fixed up!

Good Luck...maybe sense you didn't select either choice, and they approve you then you can get the NPSL. Either way, congrats on getting in with AMEX if you choose to do so.

John

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 4 of 24
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I can understand the fear of not wanting to talk to a CS for any card issuer, but I've had nothing but success each time I needed to recon.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 5 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

This is not uncommon for the offer to go away quick if not responded to, and CS doesn't know much if any about the offer. I would suggest calling the executive office in the backdoor thread at the top of the forum.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 24
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, all credit card applications use 'sessions' which will expire after $x seconds of inactivity, which is probably what happened here, once started you must keep the app going as usually the only way of getting back to that offer screen is to start again. Problem you have now is AMEX reps probably can not help you with a product offered by automatic underwriting. Good Luck!

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 24
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Most of the AMEX CSRs don't know about the offer.   YMMV but I don't know if you'll be able to get the offer back since you didn't respond to it when you applied.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 24
lorenzj4
Established Member

I think your right. I called this morning, same result. No one knows what im talking about or they just tell me is was declined. Damn.
Message 9 of 24
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Call executive office number. Tell them you tried to accept and got some website error.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.