cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync now earns mr points instead of mre?

tag
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Re: Zync now earns mr points instead of mre?

@LionLaw wrote:

@OptimasPrime wrote:

Got an email from amex today about a change to the zync rewards program. The email was titled an important update about your rewards program.

I've copied and pasted it below with personal info omitted. When I click on the link it takes me to a mr rewards page. No mention of mre points at all in the link. Maybe I'm reading too far into it, but at first glance it looks like zync now accrues full mr points.

Anyone else get something like this?

Dear Optimas,

We are writing to let you know that the most recent version of our Terms and Conditions is available online. 

You can also learn more about the Membership Rewards program, including how to get and use points, at membershiprewards.com/abouttheprogram.

Thank you for your Cardmembership!

Sorry, but no, Zync points are still MRE points.  I got this e-mail as well.  If you read the updated Terms & Conditions:

"Some Cardmembers have the option to transfer points into a participating frequent customer program account. The Cards listed below are not eligible to transfer points. All other American Express Cards are eligible.

The following Cards are not eligible to transfer points:

ZYNC® Card"

Additionally, when clicking the Membership Rewards link for Zync it takes you to the MRE site still. Oh, and I got the email today as well for my Zync. Smiley Happy

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 11 of 12
BearOSO
Contributor

Re: Zync now earns mr points instead of mre?

Rewards Plus Gold

Subject to these Terms and Conditions, for each dollar charged for an eligible purchase in each billing period on your Rewards Plus Gold Card from American Express you will earn:
  • During your first year of Cardmembership, 1 additional point (for a total of 2 points) for airfare charged directly with passenger airlines (Charter flights and private jet flights are excluded);
  • After your first year of Cardmembership, 0.5 additional point (for a total of 1.5 points) for airfare charged directly with passenger airlines (Charter flights and private jet flights are excluded)

Question: I am a Gold card holder, is a "Rewards Plus Gold" the regular Gold card that I have or that anyone can apply for on the website? I know I currently get 2X points on the AMEX travel site, I was unsure if this will apply to me (us gold card holders).

I have checked up and down my statements and website account and nothing tells me I am a "rewards plus gold" card holder. 

Should i be freaking out or am I missing something?

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.