Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync received but no backdating

tag
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Zync received but no backdating

I received my Zync card today but unfortunately I wasn't backdated for my old Optima card I received in the late 90s.  I have no idea where to start looking for my old credit card number.  I was hoping they would have seen that I was an old member by my SSN. Oh well. Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Zync received but no backdating

Id try calling the executive offices and see if they can help!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Id try calling the executive offices and see if they can help!

Thanks LS.  I will give it a try.  Do you think the executive offices are open on Saturday or should I just wait until Tuesday?

Message 3 of 6
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

They probably won't be open until Tuesday. Are you sure it hasn't been backated? My recent cards from AMEX have been currently say Member Since 05, but my Zync says Member Since 12. However, on my CR it says 2005. Did you check to see what it says on Americanexpress.com? 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 4 of 6
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@ccb2115 wrote:

They probably won't be open until Tuesday. Are you sure it hasn't been backated? My recent cards from AMEX have been currently say Member Since 05, but my Zync says Member Since 12. However, on my CR it says 2005. Did you check to see what it says on Americanexpress.com? 

Yes.  It says 2012 on americanexpress.com too.  I'm going to give them a call Tuesday morning and see what they can do.  I was wondering if it could be because I wasn't married back then and have a different last name now, but it should have still come up by social.  Oh well, I will see what happens Tuesday and will let everyone know.  In the meantime, I will see if I can find anything to lead me to my old account number. 

Message 5 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Here is some info I had saved from 2 old posts on the forum: 

How I got my AmEx backdated, I called AmEx's internal credit bureau dept, and gave the account number that was listed on my EX credit report and then she was able to pull it up and see that my AmEx (opened in 91 and closed in 92) was still reporting in 2011 on EX and she kindly had that TL deleted (grrrrr) but, was able to see that I did indeed have an AmEx account opened in 91 and was able to backdate all my current AmEx cards to 91.

So if you have the account number that's listed on your EX report, call AmEx's internal credit bureau dept 1-800-874-2717, and you will be able to get your cards backdated in a snap.

I thought to try the regular "back of the card" CSR number. I called, used my new PRG number to get in and just prompted my way to "representitive" and got a nice woman from, it turns out  Denver CO. I simply say  hey I just recieved two new cards, PRG and BCP and want to make sure my previous relationship with AMEX is reflected via my "member since" date. And I say this completely like this is my first time trying to achieve this goal. She says fine,  I will look it up, give her my SS#, looking looking, does not find my 2 old cards. (no surprise there) She asks what  2 cards they were and when they were opened, I am very ready for this and I give her the exact dates (2/86 and 9/86) and she says OK and  puts me on hold for 2 minutes. She comes back and says she has put in a request for my "member since" to be changed to from 2012 to 1986 and my new card would be mailed to me in 7 to 9 days.

HTH! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.