Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync rewards?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Zync rewards?

what can you redeem with either of them?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 31 of 38
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

If I have an Amex Business Platinum card (also AU on Green Card), does that mean my MRE will convert to regular MR points? 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 32 of 38
Alcibiades
Contributor

As mentioned, the key to getting the most out of Zync MR is to link it to another Amex charge card - Green, Gold, Platinum, business, whatever. At that point, your MRE points you already have convert to MR points, and all future points you earn also are MR points automatically. With this configuration and various packs, the Zync card becomes one of the best cards in the Amex family to accumulate MR points with (Premier Rewards Gold is likely #1). My Zync card gets double points on restaurants, cable, internet and airfare...

Message 33 of 38
Alcibiades
Contributor

"I wouldn't get another card just to upgrade my Zync points"

Not sure why not, it is worth it. After one year, I accumulated 40,000+ MRE points on my Zync (with aid of the 10,000 sign up bonus). If you then convert those points to MR after applying for a green or gold card, you can transfer them to Delta, where it can be worth a free flight (which can be worth several hundred dollars depending on distance/schedule).

Message 34 of 38
learnin113
Established Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's all how you work the points. I got 600 MR points for buying my wife $60 flowers. I get about 800 MR points for paying cable, and cell. 2,100 points for a new computer that cost $700 bucks. If I wanted to I could triple points at green restaurants (eco, restaurant packs). I just buy crap that I used to buy with my debit card... No external extravagant spending needed. I consider points earned as a forced savings plan for the 2012 holidays! If you use it to your benefit you can exceed 2,3, or 4% back! 

+1

Like any rewards program, it is only as good as you make it.  I signed up for all the free packs and the "connect pack".  Paying all my internet, directv, cell bills alone more then makes up for the cost of the pack and annual fee.  (I will net off these bills alone $20 afer paying the annual fee not including any other spending or dbl points from the free packs)  I anticipate that I will earn about a good $200+ in rewards this year on this card alone.  I got nothing using my debit card.  Smiley Happy

+2.  I mean for those that have the Zync but bashing it...are you admitting to not reading the reward structure before you put your sticky finger on the trigger?  Or for those that dont...but maybe have a better Amex card does it feel good to look down on those with the Zync?  I mean I'm totally confused by the point of this thread.  If you understand that for most apping for the Zync is simply to get your foot in the door with Amex and maybe even snag some rewards in the process, then how does this so upset your day?  I'm just saying...  Smiley Indifferent

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@learnin113 wrote:

+2.  I mean for those that have the Zync but bashing it...are you admitting to not reading the reward structure before you put your sticky finger on the trigger?  Or for those that dont...but maybe have a better Amex card does it feel good to look down on those with the Zync?  I mean I'm totally confused by the point of this thread.  If you understand that for most apping for the Zync is simply to get your foot in the door with Amex and maybe even snag some rewards in the process, then how does this so upset your day?  I'm just saying...  Smiley Indifferent

My only reason for getting the card was so I can get my foot in the door with Amex. Once I build some history, I want to get a BCP. I really couldn't care less about their reward points or charge cards. I was just expecting.. more, I guess. Something that would make their reward points seem good. But having a 1/1.5% cashback card just seems to trump them.

Message 36 of 38
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

I love the Zync card.I have my points hooked up to amazon to use as form of payment. As someone else said I use it for all the things I used my debit points for but this way get something out of it. Trust me I get way more then $25 worth of points. I have plenty of other cards with cash back but its all a number game if you wanna play the game. For instance this quarter with my citi world divident I'm getting 5% back on utilities so obviously way better then the points I would be getting for zync. Getting around $35 a month for this quarter for paying phone, cable etc. Also with the zync when I decide I want to get other amex cards to link up or whatever reason I'll be able to backdate them to when I got the zync card. I think its a great card for me right now for my needs, and probably a lot of other people. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 37 of 38
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@CK_Charles_Lover wrote:

I love the Zync card.I have my points hooked up to amazon to use as form of payment. As someone else said I use it for all the things I used my debit points for but this way get something out of it. Trust me I get way more then $25 worth of points. I have plenty of other cards with cash back but its all a number game if you wanna play the game. For instance this quarter with my citi world divident I'm getting 5% back on utilities so obviously way better then the points I would be getting for zync. Getting around $35 a month for this quarter for paying phone, cable etc. Also with the zync when I decide I want to get other amex cards to link up or whatever reason I'll be able to backdate them to when I got the zync card. I think its a great card for me right now for my needs, and probably a lot of other people. 

Haha, I'm signed up for that Citi deal too. Smiley Very Happy

I already had my cable bill recurring on my Citi card, but I also added my gym membership as well. 

Photobucket
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.