Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync to Green

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zync to Green

Just wondering if anyone has had a product change from zync to either green or gold.

I've heard many different stories and I was wondering if anyone has had any success in a product change.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Zync to Green

Aren't we mixing apples and oranges here (charge cards and credit cards?)

Message 2 of 10
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Green and Gold are charge cards...

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrShush wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Green and Gold are charge cards...

I thought gold has a credit line attached

Message 4 of 10
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought gold has a credit line attached

It does? I wasn't aware of that. American Express' website shows under charge cards Zync, Green, the Golds, and Platinum. I think all but the Zync may offer the option to make a purchase and pay over time, but as separate credit line as a revolver, I'm not sure.

Message 5 of 10
JaseT
Established Contributor

The standard AMEX Gold and AMEX Premier Rewards Gold are charge cards. The AMEX Gold Delta SkyMiles is a credit card.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my Zync card in the mail today and tried to product change to a Platinum - saw an awesome deal on the website for 50k points after $1000 in purchases during the first 3 months.  The CSR said that I cannot product change until I have 13 months on the card, then and only then can I upgrade to a different card.  The only other option I had was to apply for the Platinum and get an additional inquiry on my credit report.  The CSR stated that they could product change about a year ago but that change after the new cc laws were passed by the govt.

Message 7 of 10
JaseT
Established Contributor

I want the Platinum, but not the $450 AF that comes with it!

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the responses, that's what I was told also.
Message 9 of 10
jnydc
Contributor

Zync, Green, Gold, PRG, and Platinum are all charge cards...and IMO it depends on you personal needs which one you choose based on the numbers.

I have a Zync, and while there is more "prestige" attached to other AMEX selections...they doesn't make sense to me. 

Green is IMO useless.  It costs $95 out the gate and you just get the basic 1 RP per $ spent.

Gold gets you the Gold Card Events...and little else is different from Green except the price $125

PRG gets you some better RP incentives 3x on air and 2x on gas and groceries, but also costs an arm and a leg at $175

Platinum...just crazy at $450 nuff said

None are really that great for you unless you fly often in my view.  And I doubt you see any real difference in MR and MR Express if you don't fly often either!

Zync for me offered the best deal.  I have the Style (cause I am fancy) and Tech packs... which gives me 2x points where there would not have been with the other cards.  And even if I add the Travel pack ( 2x airfare) I still get more use out of the card for $80 AF than I would have with any of the other products.

2009 Credit Portfolio: First Premier 450, Orchard Bank 400

2012 Credit Portfolio: AMEX; Gold, Zync, & Clear 5k
Citi Platinum Select 2k, Home Depot Store (Citi) 4k, Discover More 10k, Barclays Apple 2k, Cap 1 (secured) 2.5k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.