Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync with spending limit so unable to be approved for other Amex cards??0

tag
colindidit
Established Contributor

Zync with spending limit so unable to be approved for other Amex cards??0

So I applied because its always a SP when you have a Amex card if you get denied, and I checked the preview on the letter they're going to send and it says because you have Zync with a spending limit youcan't open another Amex... Question is...how do I get the spending limit lifted off and has any one had luck withgetting their spending limit lifted??

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Re: Zync with spending limit so unable to be approved for other Amex cards??0

@colindidit wrote:

So I applied because its always a SP when you have a Amex card if you get denied, and I checked the preview on the letter they're going to send and it says because you have Zync with a spending limit youcan't open another Amex... Question is...how do I get the spending limit lifted off and has any one had luck withgetting their spending limit lifted??

The short answer is no, close it, wait at least 30 days. Apply for what u want. 

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 17
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

im sure thats not the only reason you were denied. 

(my letter is unreadable online) waiting for the mail version

but anyway i got denied with the 721 score. 

but they made no mention of having a psl zync. 

they did mention time as amex member to short though. (since sept) which is just a filler reason in my opinion. 

i haven't heard anyone getting it removed, i have heard of people with npsl zync's getting approved for other cards. 

i have seen a couple people close zyncs re-apply and get approved. but im not willing too take that chance anytime soon. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 17
colindidit
Established Contributor

Hmm. Ill have to think about that...I really likemy Zync hah. I'll wait til my credit report updates in 2 weeks when I pay all my debt off then close and wait the 30 days...maybe

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 4 of 17
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@colindidit wrote:

Hmm. Ill have to think about that...I really likemy Zync hah. I'll wait til my credit report updates in 2 weeks when I pay all my debt off then close and wait the 30 days...maybe

what's your aaoa? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 5 of 17
colindidit
Established Contributor

A little under two years which is another reason I don't wanna close anything I've only ever closed one card

Message 6 of 17
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@colindidit wrote:

A little under two years which is another reason I don't wanna close anything I've only ever closed one card

How long have you had the card? If it's less than a year keep it, use it and pay in full. That's the behavior AMEX seems to like. 

Message 7 of 17
colindidit
Established Contributor

Since Aug. Been almost 6 month...after a year Ill call and ask

Message 8 of 17
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Just curious, how did you get a hard limit placed on your card? Or how does one get a limit placed on it?

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 9 of 17
colindidit
Established Contributor

When i applied I had high utilization but I paid off by the time I got the card..IN two weeks I'm gonna call and ask when my cc debt is paid off.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.