Valued Contributor
Duncanrr

Re: Zynced

[ Edited ]

nicholasyud wrote:

I wonder why you guys dont just wait until your score get high enough to get a Amex BCE ......I mean if you in mid 600 score then probably 6 months or 1 years then you would hit that score and qualify for their MAIN product then why bother to apply for a charge card Zync that basically like a Debit card but you do paid AF....

I mean 6 months its not gonna hurt you right ? i know their backdate stuff but really ? is that really worth to apply for it >?? ?? Just wonder ....

Yes it's worth it and yes it's more than just a debit card. Here are just a couple reasons: rewards, can link to higher end charge card to upgrade rewards, great for reimbursable expenses, establishes relationship with Amex, and the card looks frigging cool! Oh and I got a backdated card to 1993!!

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

Duncanrr wrote:

Yes it's worth it and yes it's more than just a debit card. Here are just a couple reasons: rewards, can link to higher end charge card to upgrade rewards, great for reimbursable expenses, establishes relationship with Amex, and the card looks frigging cool! Oh and I got a backdated card to 1993!!

well i guess i just wait till my score good enough to join their main card then becauses that seem like too much ............and a lot of places dont accept AMEX....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

nicholasyud wrote:

I wonder why you guys dont just wait until your score get high enough to get a Amex BCE ......I mean if you in mid 600 score then probably 6 months or 1 years then you would hit that score and qualify for their MAIN product then why bother to apply for a charge card Zync that basically like a Debit card but you do paid AF....

I mean 6 months its not gonna hurt you right ? i know their backdate stuff but really ? is that really worth to apply for it >?? ?? Just wonder ....

Backdating, get a card today dated,  9/2012 in January get a card and it backdates to 1/2012   a year of free backdating so if you are rebuilding your second AMEX card can appear on your report as one of your oldest cards. Also after you have your first AMEX card all future APs are SP unless you are approved. Having an existing card with AMEX in good standing can increase your internal score increasing your chance of getting approved for better cards and possibly higher starting CL's.  All this for $25 a year, compared to other low end cards AF its the deal of the century. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Established Contributor
gettnthere

nicholasyud wrote:

Duncanrr wrote:

well i guess i just wait till my score good enough to join their main card then becauses that seem like too much ............and a lot of places dont accept AMEX....

Actually there are more places, now so more than ever, that accept AMEX. even if they dont have a sign that says they take, they usually will. My AMEX has never been rejected by a merchant....and i have swiped it anywhere and everywhere including even the most random "mom & pop" stores.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Established Contributor
gettnthere

jamesdwi wrote:

nicholasyud wrote:

Backdating, get a card today dated,  9/2012 in January get a card and it backdates to 1/2012   a year of free backdating so if you are rebuilding your second AMEX card can appear on your report as one of your oldest cards. Also after you have your first AMEX card all future APs are SP unless you are approved. Having an existing card with AMEX in good standing can increase your internal score increasing your chance of getting approved for better cards and possibly higher starting CL's.  All this for $25 a year, compared to other low end cards AF its the deal of the century

+1000, i couldn't agree more!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Established Contributor
jamie123

Congrats!!!!

You finally pulled the trigger!!!

How many hundreds of times did you mull over this app?

Good job!

Starting Score: EQ 658 6/18/12
Current Score: EQ 690 11/17/14 - EX 687 7/21/14 - TU 682 7/21/14
Goal Score: EQ 720+
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor
LionLaw

Congrats!  That's awesome.  I know how good it feels, so I hope you're enjoying it!

Starting Score: 617 (EQ 6/10/12)
Current Score (8/28/13): EQ: 691 EX: 706 TU: 700
Goal Score: 700

Discover it $4,500 (02/2001); Amex PRG (Backdated to 01/2006); Amex ZYNC (Backdated to 07/2006); Wells Fargo Cash Back Visa $5,500 (12/2011); Citi Diamond Preferred MC $2,000 (07/2012); B of A Cash Rewards Visa Signature $5,000 (02/2013)

Valued Contributor
creditnocash

Duncanrr wrote:

not everyone gets backdated to 93. but when i have kids and open another futuristic card ill be backdated to 2012 :smileyhappy:

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

Backdating, get a card today dated,  9/2012 in January get a card and it backdates to 1/2012   a year of free backdating so if you are rebuilding your second AMEX card can appear on your report as one of your oldest cards. Also after you have your first AMEX card all future APs are SP unless you are approved. Having an existing card with AMEX in good standing can increase your internal score increasing your chance of getting approved for better cards and possibly higher starting CL's.  All this for $25 a year, compared to other low end cards AF its the deal of the century. 

its going to be two hard pulls if you approved for their BCE later on let said 1 years ??

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

nicholasyud wrote:

its going to be two hard pulls if you approved for their BCE later on let said 1 years ??

with a year of history you shouldn't be boarderline approval, they will do a HP for sure on approval but they will probably have much more information on the person who put in the AP than they would ever get off a single credit report,  12 or more SP's over a year, a full year of usage history (both charges and payments), and who knows what else they pull in over time on there members. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}