Did you mean: 

a Good Master Card please.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

a Good Master Card please.....

Hi everybody
How are you doing?

I am looking for a Matser Card which has Cash Back/Gas.. Rewards, but I couldn't figure out which one is the best one.
Right now I have 3 CCs all of them are VISAs (with 10K,4.6K,3K CLs : BOA,Chase,DCU respectively) .

Can anybody suggest me please.

Have a nice rest of the weekend.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: a Good Master Card please.....

Citi CashRewards MC.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi wmarat

Thanks for your reply, You mean Citi Cash Returns MC?

Thanks

Message 3 of 9
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Yes.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 9
elsijfdl
Contributor

citi dividend platinum select is > citi cash returns if you expect to earn less than $300 a year in cash rewards (ie spend less than $20,000 a year assuming you split your purchases evenly between gas/drugstore/groceries/utilities and regular purchases), however I can't find a link to the application except for the student version!

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/Apply.do?app=COLLEGE&sc=4C2CW3D8&m=60CJ000009W&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=V&screenID=3007&link=Consumer_142865509&ProspectID=811A8CCF3E2D4471BA5489ACE376EB05

does anyone know if they discontinued the regular version of the dividend platinum select card?

Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

HI-ALL wrote:

....Right now I have 3 CCs all of them are VISAs (with 10K,4.6K,3K CLs : BOA,Chase,DCU respectively) .

Hey, HI-ALL, I was just thinking about you the other day, and wondering how you were doing! Glad to hear from you again.

I'll let the others address the best cards, but I wanted to point out that there is no scoring benefit from having both MC and Visa, and other than the Olympics, I can't remember the last time that I saw a merchant who took Mastercard and not Visa. (I'm sure they exist, though.)

I can see the point though, if the Visa network ever goes down, leaving you stuck with 3 cards that won't work.

Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just used this link to the Citi CashRewards MC less than an hour ago, and was approved, so I know it is active and working:

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc/cash/cashreturns/6percentoffer/default.htm?BTData=C02127E746061...

I know I just somehow feel better having both Visa and MC myself. I don't know why, but I get some sort of security out of it.

Good Luck!

Message 7 of 9
Uniqua
Established Contributor

No "security" for me. I just want diversity. I already have three Visa CCs and I am just sick and tired of seeing that Visa logo. I only want a Mastercard for this reason alone.

Congrats on the approval. What's your CL?

@Anonymous wrote:

I know I just somehow feel better having both Visa and MC myself. I don't know why, but I get some sort of security out of it.

Good Luck!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

2,300.00. Income has a lot to do with my limits ranging from 1,000 to 2,500. I am not working as much as I had for most of my life - I have gone back to school to earn a degree that would be kinder to my aging joints than my life in restaurants has been.

Will miss that restaurant $$$ though.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.