cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a certain Amex card, whats the name of it?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: a certain Amex card, whats the name of it?

@thrasher865 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
(but why would celebs need a credit card? they can pay cash outright for a lamborghini)

The same reason they want the lamborghini to begin with: status

And the great reputation of Italian cars for being nearly maintenance-free. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

FretlessMayhem wrote:

Isn't a mil like making $50,000 in NYC Smiley Happy

Ha!  Yeah, that's about right.

At least the dumpster I live in has a nice view of the dumpster across the alley.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

A decent form for Balck card members...

Message 13 of 24
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

Isn't a mil like making $50,000 in NYC Smiley Happy

Ha! Yeah, that's about right.

At least the dumpster I live in has a nice view of the dumpster across the alley.

Haha! I meant no offense. However, I did hear you flat out can't buy a house there, and that apartments cost like $4000 a month for a normal one.
Here we go again...
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

FretlessMayhem wrote:

Haha! I meant no offense. However, I did hear you flat out can't buy a house there, and that apartments cost like $4000 a month for a normal one.

No offense taken.

You can buy houses here, depending on the area, of course.  In my Brooklyn neighborhood, a modest single-family home goes for $800K - $1 mil.

The average price of an apartment in Manhattan is $1.3 million.  That's an apartment, not a house.

As far as rent prices, of course it all depends on the location, but in the most desirable neighborhoods, you could expect to pay $2500 to $4000 to rent a one-bedroom apartment.

Message Edited by cheddar on 06-18-2008 08:16 AM
Message 15 of 24
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Ekkk and I thought Cali bay area was bad we make over 100K but add five kids (still renting too) and it seems like minimum wage! This is why I must get my credit fixed so I can buy a house! Especially at these prices... okay Off the topic
I would never pay 2500 Af but I guess if your real rich you wouldnt even notice.... but your Book keeper would!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've removed several posts from this thread, since it was getting a little out of hand.

Let's keep this thread productive.

Thanks to everyone for your cooperation!

Message 17 of 24
aftermath
Established Contributor

cheddar wrote:
I've removed several posts from this thread, since it was getting a little out of hand.

Let's keep this thread productive.

Thanks to everyone for your cooperation!

boooo... Smiley Tongue
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't HAVE to be rich to get the card, it only helps because if you have money, then your likely going to spend it. Amex gave us the "Black" because we spent a ungodly amount of money on our lower end AMEX cards and always PIF.

We use it for both business and pleasure, so we pretty easily spend many many millions per year on it. Amex makes almost 6 figures off just us alone.

Also, having the centurion doesn't guarantee that when you swipe that card to buy a yacht on a spur of the moment spending binge that Amex will allow the charge to go through either.

Therefore, it's kind of like carrying around a blank check, but at the same time, it's no guarantee... they really just base it upon past charges, spending, and payment history (and it always safe to call them first to let them know your intention prior to swiping that little sliver of metal).
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

that card is not made of plastic like a regular card it is made of aluminum. if you want one you have to charge at least 250000 ayear on a regular amex for ten years to get an invitation.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.