Contributor
bcnu176

a certain Amex card, whats the name of it?

I was only curious about something. Isnt there a rumored Black Amex card that only the wealthy and rich can get? its supposed to have an unlimited credit line and its almost impossible to get.
has anyone esle heard of this card? i remember hearing about it on the E! channel and stuff about what movie stars use, but is it actually real and if so, how hard is it to get? I dont make 7 digits a year as no one here does, i was only wondering about this, if it was real or not.

TU: 631, EQ: 657, EX: 674
Frequent Contributor
lurknomore

Re: a certain Amex card, whats the name of it?

It's called the Centurion Card and it's definitely real...

FICO: 8/08 - TU 718; EQ 702; EX 733 (Bonafide 700 club member!)
Next goal: 750s across the board!!
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

bcnu176 wrote:
I was only curious about something. Isnt there a rumored Black Amex card that only the wealthy and rich can get? its supposed to have an unlimited credit line and its almost impossible to get.
has anyone esle heard of this card? i remember hearing about it on the E! channel and stuff about what movie stars use, but is it actually real and if so, how hard is it to get? I dont make 7 digits a year as no one here does, i was only wondering about this, if it was real or not.

It's called the Centurion Card, also known as the Titanium Card or the Black Card.

It is a charge card, and has no preset spending limit, like all Amex charge cards.  It has an AF of $2500.

You cannot apply for the card directly.  It is issued by invitation only.

BTW, I'm sure there are some here who make seven figures.  $1,000,000 is not as much as it used to be.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Contributor
bcnu176

yeah thats true, sorry  i said that. some people might make 1 mil  a year, (not me)  :smileysad:
i apolgize for saying that.

hmm so thats what its called. centurion.  cool. i didnt know if it was real or not. but how do they invite you for it?
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

bcnu176 wrote:
yeah thats true, sorry  i said that. some people might make 1 mil  a year, (not me)  :smileysad:

hmm so thats what its called. centurion.  cool. i didnt know if it was real or not. but how do they invite you for it?

Please, no apologies for that!  Trust me, I'm not one of them either. :smileywink:

Rumor used to be that to qualify to receive the invitation to the Centurion card, you first needed to have an Amex Platinum charge card and spend $250K per year on it for ten years straight.  I believe those were old guidelines, however, because there have been reports of people getting the Centurion after spending only $150K or so for a couple of years in a row.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Regular Contributor
realworldknowledge

If you pass through $250k/yr on your personal Amex Charge Card they will invite you.  I know some people who passed through $25k/month for 3 months in a row and were offered.  It was because the trend of spending the yearly amount was present.
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

cheddar wrote:

bcnu176 wrote:

yeah thats true, sorry i said that. some people might make 1 mil a year, (not me) :smileysad:

hmm so thats what its called. centurion. cool. i didnt know if it was real or not. but how do they invite you for it?

Please, no apologies for that! Trust me, I'm not one of them either. :smileywink:

Rumor used to be that to qualify to receive the invitation to the Centurion card, you first needed to have an Amex Platinum charge card and spend $250K per year on it for ten years straight. I believe those were old guidelines, however, because there have been reports of people getting the Centurion after spending only $150K or so for a couple of years in a row.

Isn't a mil like making $50,000 in NYC :smileyhappy:
Here we go again...
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

I'm under the impression that celebrities can probably ask to be invited.
Here we go again...
Contributor
bcnu176

i just read the link to wikipedia about the black card(thanks lurknomore).
its interesting about that. its actually made out of real titanium.
but whoa, AF of 2500.  hehe  thats alot, but if your rich it doesnt matter  lol.
and i think your right, celebs and high profile people can actually request it i think.
(but why would celebs need a credit card? they can pay cash outright for a lamborghini)  lol
anyway, thanks to everyone replys here.
before, i only thought this card was a rumor, but after reading here and seeing it in wiki, now i know its true...too bad i wont ever be able to attain it(or other amex cards for that matter...bk in 03  :smileysad: :smileysad:   oh well)
Valued Contributor
thrasher865

bcnu176 wrote:
(but why would celebs need a credit card? they can pay cash outright for a lamborghini) 

The same reason they want the lamborghini to begin with: status

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}