Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a little success!

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: a little success!

I have been there, but i have never not been able to pay a bill, thank god, i just feel like i am drowning in APR....

your cup analogy is brilliant..... spot on.... 

I am trying with a local CU to get an 8.59% APR Visa with a 15K limit to get all of these transfered to.... they told me my app would be processed by the end of yesterday, and i called today and they said it would be by the end of today... and well its already 2PM and they close at 4:30 .... i am not feeling too good about this.....

They keep asking me if i wanna refinance my home, or put it up for collateral (already have built up like 45k in collateral ... but that would defeat the purpose.... and i am not putting my home up for 10k worth of debt.... i would stab myself in the leg before i let that happen. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 31 of 38
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

@FairCredBen wrote:

I have been there, but i have never not been able to pay a bill, thank god, i just feel like i am drowning in APR....

your cup analogy is brilliant..... spot on.... 

I am trying with a local CU to get an 8.59% APR Visa with a 15K limit to get all of these transfered to.... they told me my app would be processed by the end of yesterday, and i called today and they said it would be by the end of today... and well its already 2PM and they close at 4:30 .... i am not feeling too good about this.....

They keep asking me if i wanna refinance my home, or put it up for collateral (already have built up like 45k in collateral ... but that would defeat the purpose.... and i am not putting my home up for 10k worth of debt.... i would stab myself in the leg before i let that happen. 

Well I hope you can get things to workout. I've also heard people recommending sites like lendingtree or prosper for loans. I've never had a loan from them, but from what I gather it's only worth it if you CS is at least decent. Of course, the better it is the more favorable the rates and terms are, but I imagine something like that might be a last resort if nothing else seems to work out. But from what I can see you might have a shot with your scores. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I also think they do a SP when determining your rate and APR. Not sure if that's the case or if that's only to see if you would qualify or not, but in case you didn't know I was just throwing it out there. Anyway, good luck on getting it all sorted out.

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 32 of 38
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Im curious, have you check the pre-qualify for a Chase Slate? Chase was pretty excellent to me when I needed to consolidate all of my debt on to one card. You have to love the 0% for 15 months and the 0 fee to transfer it all to the slate. If you don't get approved for the amount that you want, I'm sure the extra HP for a CLI would be worth it so long as it was the amount you needed it to be. (Wouldn't be too terrible to move all of the balance to one "maxed" card, to me. But -- wait did you say you were buying a home? NVM on all that I said. LOL
Message 33 of 38
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
Im curious, have you check the pre-qualify for a Chase Slate? Chase was pretty excellent to me when I needed to consolidate all of my debt on to one card. You have to love the 0% for 15 months and the 0 fee to transfer it all to the slate. If you don't get approved for the amount that you want, I'm sure the extra HP for a CLI would be worth it so long as it was the amount you needed it to be. (Wouldn't be too terrible to move all of the balance to one "maxed" card, to me. But -- wait did you say you were buying a home? NVM on all that I said. LOL

So i got word back from one of the local Credit Unions here, and *Drum roll*

I was approved for 10K with 0% APR for 18mo on transfers and 0$ Transfer fee with NO AF!!!! oh, btw the APR after that 18mo is *another drum roll please* 4.99% WOOHOO!!!!!

Gosh i feel great now! 

I wont get any rewards for the transfers, but literally, just doubled my credit limits with 1 card..... CRAZY! 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 34 of 38
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

@GoodCredBen wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

So i got word back from one of the local Credit Unions here, and *Drum roll*

I was approved for 10K with 0% APR for 18mo on transfers and 0$ Transfer fee with NO AF!!!! oh, btw the APR after that 18mo is *another drum roll please* 4.99% WOOHOO!!!!!

Gosh i feel great now! 

I wont get any rewards for the transfers, but literally, just doubled my credit limits with 1 card..... CRAZY! 

Wow, congrats! I'm really glad to hear it worked out for you. I knew it would work out, actually a bit faster than even I thought, lol.

Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016

Message 35 of 38
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

it did happen fast! Going to sign paper here in about a half hour now!

Now that that has happened and my other card success.... i reached out to cap 1 about my oldest card (the $500 limit one)  asking why it has been left behind since they have actively been upgrading my other cards.... and needless to say they asked me how much i wanted, i told them my income and everything and asked for 10k to match my other card, and he said oh that shouldnt be a problem, BUT!!!

he still needed to submit it to underwriting.... i will crap my pants if cap 1 takes it from 500$ to 10,000$ LOL

Oh yeah, i also got it upgraded to a quick silver no problem at all. 

Message 36 of 38
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

@GoodCredBen wrote:

it did happen fast! Going to sign paper here in about a half hour now!

Now that that has happened and my other card success.... i reached out to cap 1 about my oldest card (the $500 limit one)  asking why it has been left behind since they have actively been upgrading my other cards.... and needless to say they asked me how much i wanted, i told them my income and everything and asked for 10k to match my other card, and he said oh that shouldnt be a problem, BUT!!!

he still needed to submit it to underwriting.... i will crap my pants if cap 1 takes it from 500$ to 10,000$ LOL

Oh yeah, i also got it upgraded to a quick silver no problem at all. 

Wow, you're really on a roll, congrats! Let us know how it goes with Cap 1 as well, we're all rooting for you! Smiley LOL

Message 37 of 38
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Yeah when i was chatting with them i told them flat out, If you guys cant even get close to matching one of my other cards and making this one practical, then i will be closing it. 

The guy i chatted with was like, oh no, we dont want that.... 

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.