Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? about Cap1 Bonus offers

tag
enerey
Regular Contributor

? about Cap1 Bonus offers

Hi I was looking to see if anyone knows what the rules are about capital one's bonus offers, I am thinking about applying for one of their cards but I got one about 1 year and 3 months ago and already met their bonus offer after I got the card. Is it a one time thing or how long do you have to wait before being eligible for the bonus offer again if you apply for a new card and are approved? Thanks in advance if someone has experience with this.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: ? about Cap1 Bonus offers

@enerey wrote:

Hi I was looking to see if anyone knows what the rules are about capital one's bonus offers, I am thinking about applying for one of their cards but I got one about 1 year and 3 months ago and already met their bonus offer after I got the card. Is it a one time thing or how long do you have to wait before being eligible for the bonus offer again if you apply for a new card and are approved? Thanks in advance if someone has experience with this.

There is language on the website that permits them to deny multiple new account bonuses for the same product, but in practice this hasn't been enforced in the past. 

There are many threads where people have applied for a Capital One card they already have and got the bonus both times.  Before Capital One restricted new accounts to one every six months some people would apply for multiple accounts back-to-back and get the bonus for each of them.

In a nutshell, it could change at any time, but for the moment you should be able to get the bonus for any new account.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ? about Cap1 Bonus offers

You're a sly one, UncleB! Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.