Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? about VS shopping cart trick

tag
firstladyd
Contributor

? about VS shopping cart trick

So I tried the ole shopping cart trick and got a screen that said processing. Then it kicked me back to the checkout screen. SO... Where does that leave me. It said I was preapproved for $750 asked me for DOB and last 4 of ss, hit submit , processing.??? Called VS today and after many transfers no one can find my app or tell me if it went through. What has been your experience with this? Can someone chime in that has had this happen. Do I wait for a couple weeks and see if something pops up in the mail or what?

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: ? about VS shopping cart trick

thats odd, usually VS will send you an email confirming (I belive thats what happened) did you actually order something and have it mailed out? if so is the order on the VS card?

Message 2 of 10
firstladyd
Contributor

No. I didn't complete the order because the pop up said I was preapproved for an account. But it didn't let me put the order on the preapproved account so I canceled the order.

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Message 3 of 10
Mama-j
Contributor

I didn't get an email and I did the same thing you did. Just got my card today, it took about 2 wks for the card to come.

Starting Score: 2/22/12: EQ 530, TU 553, EX 528(lender). 12/4/12 (rebuilding starts)= EQ 599.
Current Score: 1/4/16: EQ 743, TU FICO 724, EX 737.
Goal Score: 750 all across.

Message 4 of 10
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

When i did that i got the 7-10 message. I did not get an email or anything. I never called because it wasn't a hard pull so i wasn't sure what to say when calling. I got the card in the mail about 2 weeks after applying that way.
AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 5 of 10
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@Mama-j wrote:
I didn't get an email and I did the same thing you did. Just got my card today, it took about 2 wks for the card to come.

+1

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Ok, same happened to me, it said I was pre-approve for $1000 and entered my DOB and last 4 of ss# and took me back to checkout. I tried calling but the appplication was being process. What you have to do is wait couple of days and call into the 800# for credit card services, it will prompt you to enter your ss# and once I did that it told me my balance and credit limit because it was in the system by than. I tried calling as well but csr couldn't find anything. So wait and then call in and enter your ss# when prompt and it will see if you have an account established.

Message 7 of 10
kimB

Same thing happened to me. Called and CSR told me they had nothing. Received a letter stating denied because my address did not match that on my Experian report (on the date that the pre-approval was initiated). called back again and they said i could reapply HP, i said no. I asked how often preapprovals are generated and they said no idea.

Message 8 of 10
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear that!! They should off called you to verify and to be denied just becasue of address verification is awful. Now you would have to wait and re-apply for HP! Why don;t you try to talk to supervisor for a recon and maybe they can make adjustments. 

Message 9 of 10
nikolean
Established Member

The address issue happened to me when I applied online as well! I applied again when checking out at a VS store 2 months later once I updated my address and I was approved with a $350 CL. The only issue is that now I have two hard pulls from Comenity on my account in a short period.

@kimB wrote:

Same thing happened to me. Called and CSR told me they had nothing. Received a letter stating denied because my address did not match that on my Experian report (on the date that the pre-approval was initiated). called back again and they said i could reapply HP, i said no. I asked how often preapprovals are generated and they said no idea.

In my Wallet CapOne Cash Back $3000, Apple FCU $1000 Victoria Secret $500, CapOne Journey $1000, Amazon.com $800

Starting Score:1/2012 504
Current Score: EQ: 665 TU 637 EX: 671
Goal Score: 700 across the board
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.