cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activated and backdated my Amex Optima card.

tag
beb86
Valued Contributor

activated and backdated my Amex Optima card.

So it finally came after waiting a month for the pre-approved app to show up, once I sent the app back it only took a week for the card to show up. The card said member since '12 Smiley Sad but after activating it online my account said memeber since '05. I called CS and the lady told me it should have been sent with the '05 member date and that she would send a replacement out this week. Yay for Amex CS. Im buying a house this month and I need a good seasoned trade line and the 7 years account age will be nice.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: activated and backdated my Amex Optima card.

@beb86 wrote:

So it finally came after waiting a month for the pre-approved app to show up, once I sent the app back it only took a week for the card to show up. The card said member since '12 Smiley Sad but after activating it online my account said memeber since '05. I called CS and the lady told me it should have been sent with the '05 member date and that she would send a replacement out this week. Yay for Amex CS. Im buying a house this month and I need a good seasoned trade line and the 7 years account age will be nice.

Congratulation:

Is the CL 50% of the orignal CL of the card that was charged off? That's wahet they did for me on my card.

Message 2 of 4
beb86
Valued Contributor

no the CO was for 3300 but I only got $800

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the amount you get from Amex is pre-determined by the outside CA who was handling my account (Wagner +H, at that time). At first they wanted to offer me $3k if I PIF, but I countered for 75% and they said no, and said that the most they could offer is 50% of the CO balance. I took it. Funny thing is I got an invitation (maybe a pre-selected of pre-approval) with a RSVP number on a letter, before I received the Optima card in the mail, to apply for a Gold Business Card. I also noticed that Amex soft me for the three months sfter I paid the 10k CO balance. Im too scared to apply for the Business card now cause I don't own a business and my scores rignt now are in the high 680s overall. The offer will excpire in mid April, so I will wait till my score reach at or near 700 plus (if this occurs before the invitation/pre-select/pre-approvalletter expired), then apply for a regular Gold.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.