Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

added to parents credit card question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

added to parents credit card question

I am on one of my parents credit cards which has a large balance, and myfico is showing that I have had that card for the last 8 years but I just got the card 3 years ago. Also since I am a college student and don't have much credit history. I am being red flagged for owing xxxx.00 on the card, the amount is the total amount the parents owe not the amount that I owe on the card because I have been paying off my share on the card. Should the whole amount be showing up on my report?

Message Edited by razdigital on 04-29-2008 12:55 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: added to parents credit card question

If it has a real high balance, close to credit limit. and you don't have any of your own credit. this may actually hurt you more than help you to have this.
and yes once your added to it, it's going to report as the open date they opened it not the date that you got the card and the balance of the whole card, not just what your card charges.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: added to parents credit card question

You may want to open your own card, if you don't have one already, and take your name off of this account.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.