Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

addicted to applying for cc's?

tag
mojobones89
Contributor

addicted to applying for cc's?

i have noticed that when i have free time and nothing to do at home,i end up getting on this forum and see new posts,reading peoples approvals and success stories i end up getting  the urge to find a new cc to apply for,EVEN THOUGH i do not need any more,i could say i have some of the best cc's out there atm...maybe one to many. i get to the point of getting to the app page,filling out all my info,right before i hit sumit for a desicion i end up backing out before i get even more tempted and have to think to myself(thank god i did not apply,would not be worth the HP)

i know this is dumb but for some reason i want another amex...the PLAT....knowing it wont do me no good since i do not travel a lot.

i have all the cards i need and im at the point of,what is next?what is the next level of credit card for me to strive to get?what other challenges are out there to thrive off for next big thing.am i the only one who has a HARD time to stay in the garden?

with all my new accounts i have recently opened and all a lot of new CLI i have recieved
 i feel a bit off?like something is missing?

maybe i just need a new car?
LOL,jk.

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?

Hence the whole garden thread Smiley Happy.

This forum requires a non-trivial amount of discipline sometimes, and you aren't alone in getting dazzled by the glitter and bright lights of approvals on this forum.  Even I've succumbed occasionally, it happens.

That said, best advice I can offer is create a plan, post it publically, and hold yourself accountable.  If that doesn't work, well, taking breaks from the forum as necessary may be the best option honestly.

        
Message 2 of 46
bs6054
Valued Contributor

I think there is a time just to leave the site for a while, temptations are too great, and you have a good set of cards.  I am spending too much time here as well, time to take a 6 month break!  (And going somewhere else, like flyertalk or credit*ds doesn't count...)

Message 3 of 46
CorporalCaptain
Valued Member

You could always close all your accounts, wait a month, and start a new journey.  Smiley Very Happy

USAA World MasterCard - $14,500
American Express SPG - $20,000
NFCU CashRewards Visa Sig - $20,000
PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa - $5,000
Message 4 of 46
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

I think there is a time just to leave the site for a while, temptations are too great, and you have a good set of cards.  I am spending too much time here as well, time to take a 6 month break!  (And going somewhere else, like flyertalk or credit*ds doesn't count...)

Now see I look at bs6054 signature and it makes me want to call and CLI and apply for new accounts like crazy until I have those CL's!!! haha

I know much of that comes from not applying for a ton of stuff you don't need and making good use of what you have and building that long relationship!

But yes OP, I get side tracked from what I'm doing to look at credit cards and such but as long as it has a purpose I think it's okay... Right? Smiley Happy

PS. Please close First Premier, and Credit One since you have Amex!

Message 5 of 46
mojobones89
Contributor

@CorporalCaptain wrote:

You could always close all your accounts, wait a month, and start a new journey.  Smiley Very Happy

LOL that made me laugh,it just like a video game,once you get so far,somehow and someway you lose all your last saved game,you dont wanna start all over and just say screw this.

Message 6 of 46
mojobones89
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

Now see I look at bs6054 signature and it makes me want to call and CLI and apply for new accounts like crazy until I have those CL's!!! haha

I know much of that comes from not applying for a ton of stuff you don't need and making good use of what you have and building that long relationship!

But yes OP, I get side tracked from what I'm doing to look at credit cards and such but as long as it has a purpose I think it's okay... Right? Smiley Happy

my CL's on my cards are ok(10k and up is my average and 25k being my highest)

first premier and credit one,are both OOOOOLD cards,both cards my wife applied for when i was deployed...why?idk i guess i kept getting a lot of offers in the mail and thought they were good cc companies?eh she didnt know,so now im stuck with these 2 cards that have have a good age on them.

Message 7 of 46
mojobones89
Contributor

atleast i have sooomewhat good discipline to back out on my apps,i think i could handle it(hopefully) i do enjoy reading peoples posts regardless of the topic Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 46
mojobones89
Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

6 months?! lol i couldnt even stay in the garden for that long and that was before this forum.

instead of logging on everyday,i will log on every other day and slowly expand my log ins over time Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 46
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mojobones89 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

my CL's on my cards are ok(10k and up is my average and 25k being my highest)

first premier and credit one,are both OOOOOLD cards,both cards my wife applied for when i was deployed...why?idk i guess i kept getting a lot of offers in the mail and thought they were good cc companies?eh she didnt know,so now im stuck with these 2 cards that have have a good age on them.

Why keep because they are old... they are costing what $20 a month just for those 2... that is not a help! Pay the AF on a Amex Platinum that you can't make worth while before you carry 2 cards with banks like FP and CO for same cost!! Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.