Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

addicted to applying for cc's?

tag
mojobones89
Contributor

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?

@bs6054 wrote:

A good cure (may have done this myself today): rewards abuse.   Make sure it is obvious.  Vanilla Reloads (that was my sin today), Amazon Money transfers to and fro, pay your credit card with the proceeds.    This way, you can get an issuer to shut you down from all their cards, and once Amex, Chase, Citi, Barclays, US Bank etc will no longer accept your applications, addiction to apping becomes less harmful, as no-one will accept you!

wait,what?i dont understand what you are suggesting.

Message 31 of 46
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

I did have this problem before my most recent app and new account dropped my scores over 20 points. :-(

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 46
mojobones89
Contributor

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:
I did have this problem before my most recent app and new account dropped my scores over 20 points. :-(

ya i was at 768,now im at 730 across the board.

Message 33 of 46
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Off topic but how useful is your car care one card?  Do they offer 0% financing?  I really was thinking about some racing parts at summit?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 34 of 46
mojobones89
Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Off topic but how useful is your car care one card?  Do they offer 0% financing?  I really was thinking about some racing parts at summit?

honestly i dont remember i have had that card since 09.

that card is ran through gemoney,which is really good at CLI and everything.

if i remember correctly,it was 0% for like 18 months and then after that it was like 4%

it was a good deal,on top of that you can use it as a gas card at chevron and Xmobil.

Message 35 of 46
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Addicted?  Does 18 new accts inside one year count?  LOL!

Yea I think I am and am in the garden for a long while.  Out of all of my apps there was one unsuccessful app and it was Amex.  So I was on a good roll, but all good things must come to an end so I pulled the plug.  I froze all of my reports to "help" me deal with my addiction for goodness sakes!.  That and the fact that an AA could happen if I don't stop.  Reading other's successes does tempt you to do the same, however I know that my time will come again and it's just not right now.  

So I forced myself into the garden AGAIN and by force with frozen reports.  Here's a toast to me lasting in garden mode till 2014!!!!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 36 of 46
mojobones89
Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Addicted?  Does 18 new accts inside one year count?  LOL!

Yea I think I am and am in the garden for a long while.  Out of all of my apps there was one unsuccessful app and it was Amex.  So I was on a good roll, but all good things must come to an end so I pulled the plug.  I froze all of my reports to "help" me deal with my addiction for goodness sakes!.  That and the fact that an AA could happen if I don't stop.  Reading other's successes does tempt you to do the same, however I know that my time will come again and it's just not right now.  

So I forced myself into the garden AGAIN and by force with frozen reports.  Here's a toast to me lasting in garden mode till 2014!!!!!

how do you freeze your reports?

Message 37 of 46
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Just go to each of the CRA's and search for "freeze".  It may say security freeze but that's it.  With a freeze you can't apply for credit unless you unfreeze your reports because the freeze puts a fraud alert on your reports.  Depending on your state of residence it costs between 5 and 10 bucks at each agency.  So total for me was $30.  It cost the same amount to unfreeze so I'll just keep that freeze on till next year.  To unfreeze you can call the CRA and have it unlocked with a pin number, but if you lose that pin number you will have to write in to get it and it will take probably 30 days.  For me its the savior so it's all good Smiley Happy.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 38 of 46
mojobones89
Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Just go to each of the CRA's and search for "freeze".  It may say security freeze but that's it.  With a freeze you can't apply for credit unless you unfreeze your reports because the freeze puts a fraud alert on your reports.  Depending on your state of residence it costs between 5 and 10 bucks at each agency.  So total for me was $30.  It cost the same amount to unfreeze so I'll just keep that freeze on till next year.  To unfreeze you can call the CRA and have it unlocked with a pin number, but if you lose that pin number you will have to write in to get it and it will take probably 30 days.  For me its the savior so it's all good Smiley Happy.

i think i just found my solution,BUT maybe after a new car and one more CC.

Message 39 of 46
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

@mojobones89 wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

i think i just found my solution,BUT maybe after a new car and one more CC.

lol

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.