Reply
Contributor
Posts: 252
Registered: ‎01-21-2013
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?


Creditaddict wrote:

mojobones89 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

bs6054 wrote:

I think there is a time just to leave the site for a while, temptations are too great, and you have a good set of cards.  I am spending too much time here as well, time to take a 6 month break!  (And going somewhere else, like flyertalk or credit*ds doesn't count...)


Now see I look at bs6054 signature and it makes me want to call and CLI and apply for new accounts like crazy until I have those CL's!!! haha

I know much of that comes from not applying for a ton of stuff you don't need and making good use of what you have and building that long relationship!

 

But yes OP, I get side tracked from what I'm doing to look at credit cards and such but as long as it has a purpose I think it's okay... Right? Smiley Happy

 

PS. Please close First Premier, and Credit One since you have Amex!


my CL's on my cards are ok(10k and up is my average and 25k being my highest)

first premier and credit one,are both OOOOOLD cards,both cards my wife applied for when i was deployed...why?idk i guess i kept getting a lot of offers in the mail and thought they were good cc companies?eh she didnt know,so now im stuck with these 2 cards that have have a good age on them.


Why keep because they are old... they are costing what $20 a month just for those 2... that is not a help! Pay the AF on a Amex Platinum that you can't make worth while before you carry 2 cards with banks like FP and CO for same cost!! Smiley Tongue


wierd thing is,i dont get charged monthlys or yearly fees?

i havent used those cards since....pfffft forever ago.....

SO let me get this straight...

is that a yes on the PLAT?

lol?

 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 154
Registered: ‎02-01-2013
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?

Somedays I see a card someone got approved and think, I want!

Luckily I stop myself. Finally getting approved for things is like a drug. I want more. 

 

-- I need a new card graphic -- Coming Soon! --
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,694
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?

[ Edited ]

Just too hard for me to resist all these free offers issuers are throwing around so generously. 

 

When I see such fierce competition, I know in the back of my mind it isn't going to last and mind as well take it while it's available.  A time soon enough will come when these generous offers will no longer exist.

 

Also, I just like credit cards, I suppose.  Even now, I look forward to their arriving, opening up the envelope seeing it the first time and exploring the new online set up acitivating it for my first charge. 

 

It's weird, since I don't know anyone around me who would understand.  If they knew, they'd probably be a little "troubled."  LOL

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,453
Registered: ‎04-14-2012
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?


Open123 wrote:

Just too hard for me to resist all these free offers issuers are throwing around so generously. 

 

When I see such fierce competition, I know in the back of my mind it isn't going to last and mind as well take it while it's available.  A time soon enough will come when these generous offers will no longer exist.

 

Also, I just like credit cards, I suppose.  Even now, I look forward to their arriving, opening up the envelope seeing it the first time and exploring the new online set up acitivating it for my first charge. 

 

It's weird, since I don't know anyone around me who would understand.  If they knew, they'd probably be a little "troubled."  LOL


I understand....I think I am "troubled" haha

*8/10/13
Established Member
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎06-18-2010
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?

I have to say, I think I am also addicted. For a long time I only had  a few cards but then when my scores recently went up and not even that high I wanted to see if I could qualify for a new card. So... on saturday I tried the shopping card trick (which I learned by reading this forum- Thanks Myfico!) I applied for Victoria Secret($750) and Express (no limit stated) and was instantly approved. I loved the feeling, so I tried some more Walmart($1000) and Lowe's ($650) ) instant approvals! So on sunday... Chase ($1800) and Targets($500). So I told myself to stop. Then monday morning I saw someone ask about the paypal MC and I thought (hey, i have a paypal acct) so Iogged in and applied! I got the number to call so I figure finally... a rejection but no, it was to confirm ID. I was approved for $2000. So I got to work and called my credit union and asked for a credit limit increase (I had a $500 visa) they approved for $2000... I know these limits are low to some but they are high to me. Long story short, I know I have a problem but...I am just so happy to be approved lol



myFICO as of 03/15/13: Transunion (610) & 04/17/13: Equifax (645) FICO from FCCU (credit union) as of 04/15/13: Experian 662
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,453
Registered: ‎04-14-2012
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?


nicefa wrote:

I have to say, I think I am also addicted. For a long time I only had  a few cards but then when my scores recently went up and not even that high I wanted to see if I could qualify for a new card. So... on saturday I tried the shopping card trick (which I learned by reading this forum- Thanks Myfico!) I applied for Victoria Secret($750) and Express (no limit stated) and was instantly approved. I loved the feeling, so I tried some more Walmart($1000) and Lowe's ($650) ) instant approvals! So on sunday... Chase ($1800) and Targets($500). So I told myself to stop. Then monday morning I saw someone ask about the paypal MC and I thought (hey, i have a paypal acct) so Iogged in and applied! I got the number to call so I figure finally... a rejection but no, it was to confirm ID. I was approved for $2000. So I got to work and called my credit union and asked for a credit limit increase (I had a $500 visa) they approved for $2000... I know these limits are low to some but they are high to me. Long story short, I know I have a problem but...I am just so happy to be approved lol


STOP!!!! STOP NOW!!! 

Congrats on your approvals but you are KILLING your score!!! Smiley Happy

*8/10/13
Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,590
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?


nicefa wrote:

I have to say, I think I am also addicted. For a long time I only had  a few cards but then when my scores recently went up and not even that high I wanted to see if I could qualify for a new card. So... on saturday I tried the shopping card trick (which I learned by reading this forum- Thanks Myfico!) I applied for Victoria Secret($750) and Express (no limit stated) and was instantly approved. I loved the feeling, so I tried some more Walmart($1000) and Lowe's ($650) ) instant approvals! So on sunday... Chase ($1800) and Targets($500). So I told myself to stop. Then monday morning I saw someone ask about the paypal MC and I thought (hey, i have a paypal acct) so Iogged in and applied! I got the number to call so I figure finally... a rejection but no, it was to confirm ID. I was approved for $2000. So I got to work and called my credit union and asked for a credit limit increase (I had a $500 visa) they approved for $2000... I know these limits are low to some but they are high to me. Long story short, I know I have a problem but...I am just so happy to be approved lol


SWEET, Especially if this 610 below is current TU!

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Established Contributor
Posts: 792
Registered: ‎08-30-2011
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?

I see you don't yet have the US Bank CASH+.... Mwahahaha

 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Contributor
Posts: 252
Registered: ‎01-21-2013
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?


WolfMan wrote:

Somedays I see a card someone got approved and think, I want!

Luckily I stop myself. Finally getting approved for things is like a drug. I want more. 

 


agreed.

Contributor
Posts: 252
Registered: ‎01-21-2013
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?


Open123 wrote:

Just too hard for me to resist all these free offers issuers are throwing around so generously. 

 

When I see such fierce competition, I know in the back of my mind it isn't going to last and mind as well take it while it's available.  A time soon enough will come when these generous offers will no longer exist.

 

Also, I just like credit cards, I suppose.  Even now, I look forward to their arriving, opening up the envelope seeing it the first time and exploring the new online set up acitivating it for my first charge. 

 

It's weird, since I don't know anyone around me who would understand.  If they knew, they'd probably be a little "troubled."  LOL


no,i totally understand lol,the moment u know u get approved and look at your mailbox everyday to see if ur card has arrived LOL

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.