Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Contributor
Posts: 255
Registered: ‎01-21-2013
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?


bs6054 wrote:

A good cure (may have done this myself today): rewards abuse.   Make sure it is obvious.  Vanilla Reloads (that was my sin today), Amazon Money transfers to and fro, pay your credit card with the proceeds.    This way, you can get an issuer to shut you down from all their cards, and once Amex, Chase, Citi, Barclays, US Bank etc will no longer accept your applications, addiction to apping becomes less harmful, as no-one will accept you!


wait,what?i dont understand what you are suggesting.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 392
Registered: ‎03-29-2011
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?

I did have this problem before my most recent app and new account dropped my scores over 20 points. :-(

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
Posts: 255
Registered: ‎01-21-2013
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?


shorrttyycm1 wrote:
I did have this problem before my most recent app and new account dropped my scores over 20 points. :-(

ya i was at 768,now im at 730 across the board.

Established Contributor
Posts: 792
Registered: ‎08-30-2011
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?

Off topic but how useful is your car care one card?  Do they offer 0% financing?  I really was thinking about some racing parts at summit?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Contributor
Posts: 255
Registered: ‎01-21-2013
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?


flowfaster wrote:

Off topic but how useful is your car care one card?  Do they offer 0% financing?  I really was thinking about some racing parts at summit?


honestly i dont remember i have had that card since 09.

that card is ran through gemoney,which is really good at CLI and everything.

if i remember correctly,it was 0% for like 18 months and then after that it was like 4%

it was a good deal,on top of that you can use it as a gas card at chevron and Xmobil.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎07-24-2011
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?

Addicted?  Does 18 new accts inside one year count?  LOL!

 

Yea I think I am and am in the garden for a long while.  Out of all of my apps there was one unsuccessful app and it was Amex.  So I was on a good roll, but all good things must come to an end so I pulled the plug.  I froze all of my reports to "help" me deal with my addiction for goodness sakes!.  That and the fact that an AA could happen if I don't stop.  Reading other's successes does tempt you to do the same, however I know that my time will come again and it's just not right now.  

 

So I forced myself into the garden AGAIN and by force with frozen reports.  Here's a toast to me lasting in garden mode till 2014!!!!!

 

 


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Contributor
Posts: 255
Registered: ‎01-21-2013
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?


Rhaeny wrote:

Addicted?  Does 18 new accts inside one year count?  LOL!

 

Yea I think I am and am in the garden for a long while.  Out of all of my apps there was one unsuccessful app and it was Amex.  So I was on a good roll, but all good things must come to an end so I pulled the plug.  I froze all of my reports to "help" me deal with my addiction for goodness sakes!.  That and the fact that an AA could happen if I don't stop.  Reading other's successes does tempt you to do the same, however I know that my time will come again and it's just not right now.  

 

So I forced myself into the garden AGAIN and by force with frozen reports.  Here's a toast to me lasting in garden mode till 2014!!!!!

 

 


how do you freeze your reports?

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎07-24-2011
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?

Just go to each of the CRA's and search for "freeze".  It may say security freeze but that's it.  With a freeze you can't apply for credit unless you unfreeze your reports because the freeze puts a fraud alert on your reports.  Depending on your state of residence it costs between 5 and 10 bucks at each agency.  So total for me was $30.  It cost the same amount to unfreeze so I'll just keep that freeze on till next year.  To unfreeze you can call the CRA and have it unlocked with a pin number, but if you lose that pin number you will have to write in to get it and it will take probably 30 days.  For me its the savior so it's all good Smiley Happy.


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Contributor
Posts: 255
Registered: ‎01-21-2013
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?


Rhaeny wrote:

Just go to each of the CRA's and search for "freeze".  It may say security freeze but that's it.  With a freeze you can't apply for credit unless you unfreeze your reports because the freeze puts a fraud alert on your reports.  Depending on your state of residence it costs between 5 and 10 bucks at each agency.  So total for me was $30.  It cost the same amount to unfreeze so I'll just keep that freeze on till next year.  To unfreeze you can call the CRA and have it unlocked with a pin number, but if you lose that pin number you will have to write in to get it and it will take probably 30 days.  For me its the savior so it's all good Smiley Happy.


i think i just found my solution,BUT maybe after a new car and one more CC.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 417
Registered: ‎03-23-2013
0

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?


mojobones89 wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

Just go to each of the CRA's and search for "freeze".  It may say security freeze but that's it.  With a freeze you can't apply for credit unless you unfreeze your reports because the freeze puts a fraud alert on your reports.  Depending on your state of residence it costs between 5 and 10 bucks at each agency.  So total for me was $30.  It cost the same amount to unfreeze so I'll just keep that freeze on till next year.  To unfreeze you can call the CRA and have it unlocked with a pin number, but if you lose that pin number you will have to write in to get it and it will take probably 30 days.  For me its the savior so it's all good Smiley Happy.


i think i just found my solution,BUT maybe after a new car and one more CC.


lol

The Duck Card $7500 - DCU Visa Platinum $7100 - Amex Everyday $5000 - Amex Delta Skymiles $7700 - Amex BCE $2000 - Discover it $2500 - Chase Marriott $5000 - Chase Freedom $3500 - Chase Slate $2000 - Barclay Rewards MC $3300 - Ebates Visa $1800 - Macy's Amex $3000 - Bloomingdale's Amex $3000 - Walmart Discover $6000 - Chevron-Texaco Visa $3300 - PayPal SC $3200 - Home Depot $5000 - and too many other store cards

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.