Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

addicted to credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: addicted to credit cards

Only 60 miles from where I live.  But I'll spare you any NBA talk.  I lived in both Hollywood, FL and Homestead, FL (total of five years.)  Good ole Dade County.

Message 21 of 30
CS800
Super Contributor

@DI wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

I am addicted to raising my score and the rewards that will come from a high fico score Smiley Happy

Yes, one is cheaper auto insurance!

I never knew about auto insurance and credit score. Does this apply to all auto insurance companies?

Message 22 of 30
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

everywhere i read about credit card addictions, it is always about being addicted to spending and maxing out. but i am addicted to credit cards too. but in a different way; that i am addicted to the cards themselves and what they can do; not how much i can hope to wrecklessly overspend.

all i think about lately is my cards and how i can eventually acuire bigger and better cards, lower interest rates and better limits. it is like i have a taste for this. an insatiable craving.

but unlike anyone you typically hear about, its about collecting like a hobby. so the addiction is a hobby rather than a spending craving.

people usually have a taste for other things, such as collecting coins or antiques. no i have an addiction to acquiring the PERFECT credit card profile. someday i want to have a profile of 250k with an average of 6% apr, at least 200k in cash advance limits. and maximum rewards(of course the finest no af cards) then again i think that is silly. but my cravings go on.

but isn't that kind of the main objective of this credit card forum anyway?

Only $250k?  Ah, that's easy to achieve.  You've got to aim higher than that, I'm working toward $1mil in credit lines.  Smiley Wink

Past a certain point, it is a bit of a game collecting more and fine tuning your portfolio.  The first $50k credit limit card gives you an appetite to get them all that high or higher.  It can be a lot of fun, as long as you can control your spending and manage things well.  And it gives you OPTIONS, the best rates and deals are yours.

I think you should visit the *other* big credit board as well.  You'll feel right at home among all of us there.  Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It applies to State Farm in my state.  I read the fine print on my renewal last month where it says;  "To complete the renewal of your policy, we may obtain and use credit information on you or another member(s) of your household as a part of the insurance credit scoring process.  This information may be used in determining the price you are being charged."

Check out this link about Allstate:

http://edit.property-casualty.com/News/2007/11/Pages/Allstate-Sued-Over-Credit-Score-Use.aspx

Message 24 of 30
DI
Super Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

I am addicted to raising my score and the rewards that will come from a high fico score Smiley Happy

Yes, one is cheaper auto insurance!

I never knew about auto insurance and credit score. Does this apply to all auto insurance companies?

Yes, many insurance agencies are softing credit reports.  One of they many things they look at to determine ones premium is the insurance score. 

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can understand what you mean. Since Ive been rebuilding my credit the last 5 months Ive really had to hold back on applying, but dispite that I just got my 10th card in the mail last night. Maybe its the happiness of being able to get something I never could before?  Just know you are not alone.

Message 26 of 30
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@TangMeister wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

everywhere i read about credit card addictions, it is always about being addicted to spending and maxing out. but i am addicted to credit cards too. but in a different way; that i am addicted to the cards themselves and what they can do; not how much i can hope to wrecklessly overspend.

all i think about lately is my cards and how i can eventually acuire bigger and better cards, lower interest rates and better limits. it is like i have a taste for this. an insatiable craving.

but unlike anyone you typically hear about, its about collecting like a hobby. so the addiction is a hobby rather than a spending craving.

people usually have a taste for other things, such as collecting coins or antiques. no i have an addiction to acquiring the PERFECT credit card profile. someday i want to have a profile of 250k with an average of 6% apr, at least 200k in cash advance limits. and maximum rewards(of course the finest no af cards) then again i think that is silly. but my cravings go on.

Only $250k?  Ah, that's easy to achieve.  You've got to aim higher than that, I'm working toward $1mil in credit lines.  Smiley Wink

Past a certain point, it is a bit of a game collecting more and fine tuning your portfolio.  The first $50k credit limit card gives you an appetite to get them all that high or higher.  It can be a lot of fun, as long as you can control your spending and manage things well.  And it gives you OPTIONS, the best rates and deals are yours.

I think you should visit the *other* big credit board as well.  You'll feel right at home among all of us there.  Smiley Wink

I completly agree with what TangMeister wrote and only one exeption. When you visit other credit forum, just kep in mind that that forum is very judgemental, has unbearably rude mods/owners and often provides doubtful info.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 27 of 30
daylove
Regular Contributor

A perfect credit score does not entail you will get the best credit card/charge card (Stratus rewards white visa and Amex Centurion) since they do not use your credit score as a criteria to award their cards.

Message 28 of 30
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@daylove wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

I rather have money in my pocket that a credit card or a perfect credit score..besides the best credit card/charge card (Stratus rewards white visa and Amex Centurion) do not use your credit score as a criteria to award their cards. 

1. DR propaganda ...... again.

2. Stratus White Visa by US Bank and Centurion Amex are the most expensive cards, I doubt they are the best.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 29 of 30
daylove
Regular Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

@daylove wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

I rather have money in my pocket that a credit card or a perfect credit score..besides the best credit card/charge card (Stratus rewards white visa and Amex Centurion) do not use your credit score as a criteria to award their cards. 

1. DR propaganda ...... again.

2. Stratus White Visa by US Bank and Centurion Amex are the most expensive cards, I doubt they are the best.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.