cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advantages/disadvantages of staggered/nonstaggered statement cut dates and due dates?

tag
megaman1
Regular Contributor

advantages/disadvantages of staggered/nonstaggered statement cut dates and due dates?

I'm just curious. I know if they are staggered, you can use another card while the statement for another cuts, and vice versa. But that's about all I know..

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Re: advantages/disadvantages of staggered/nonstaggered statement cut dates and due dates?

@megaman1 wrote:

I'm just curious. I know if they are staggered, you can use another card while the statement for another cuts, and vice versa. But that's about all I know..

The use is just for what you mentioned.  In addition, I use my card that has the lastest due date in the month as my card to use to manage utl.  If I slipped up and had a card post earlier in the month, I 0 out the latest reporting one and visa versa.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: advantages/disadvantages of staggered/nonstaggered statement cut dates and due dates?

@megaman1 wrote:

Pretty much for "float" purposes and not everything will be due at the same time for a variety of individuals.

Message 3 of 4
samm90
New Contributor

And the advantage of them all being about the same time is simplicity of management.
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.