Contributor

advice on cap 1 venture

so working hard to improve financial health

cap 1. secured. 500
cap 1 plat. 3000
discover 1200
nfcu go 500
barclaycard .2500

i want to get rid.of.cap 1 secured and apply for venture i was preapproved for three prime cards on their site qs v.venture.v plat plus

scores are 650ish across the board 15 months post bk7 no baddies since and pretty clean reports

cc card utilization is approx 33% soon to be reduced to 20% in 1 week.

how should i apply for a venture card ? should i reduce utilization close secured card and then.apply or will it matter?
many thanks

sorry typing on phone apologize for.format.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: advice on cap 1 venture

@noobafterbk wrote:
so working hard to improve financial health

cap 1. secured. 500
cap 1 plat. 3000
discover 1200
nfcu go 500
barclaycard .2500

i want to get rid.of.cap 1 secured and apply for venture i was preapproved for three prime cards on their site qs v.venture.v plat plus

scores are 650ish across the board 15 months post bk7 no baddies since and pretty clean reports

cc card utilization is approx 33% soon to be reduced to 20% in 1 week.

how should i apply for a venture card ? should i reduce utilization close secured card and then.apply or will it matter?
many thanks

sorry typing on phone apologize for.format.
Not sure how hinestly. 15 months is  very short time in eyes of fico. Post bk all you can do  do is go for it. And see what they say. 650s low for that card. Wait at least 670s. But up to you.  At least you will know what you need to do. 
Message 2 of 9
noobafterbk
Contributor

do their pre approvals mean anything on their site? i just looked i thinks it a venture rewards i dont know if this is another type of card
Message 3 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

pre-quals on their site are pretty good...  People in the 630-640's have been approved for the venture and people with BK's as well... So you have a chance if you are prequalified and not much to lose honestly only this far out of BK applying.. You might suprise yourself if you are pre-qualified for it

Personally for best results wait until you at least get your utilization down to 20 and under 10% preferred

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The pull experian for the venture so as long as your score is at least 650, you shouldn't have a problem. But if you want better terms, you should wait until your terms are higher
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean your scores are higher
Message 6 of 9
noobafterbk
Contributor

thank you. so will overall cc utilization have a major impact on the initial credit limit it or is it based on scores
Message 7 of 9
noobafterbk
Contributor

also sorry which of the quicksilver and venture one cards have the highest initial limits?
Message 8 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Venture will have the biggest SL.. Also yes utilization will play a role what your terms and SL are if you are to get approved.. Ideally be under 30% when yo apply even more ideall be under 10% on one card when you apply for best results.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.