Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advice please - BoA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

advice please - BoA

Hi all,

On Sept 15, I applied for a BoA card, hoping for the 99/500 card. I got a secured card offer instead, which was fine, and the offer stands until tomorrow. I've been paying old debt instead of getting that secured card, and in the last 6 weeks, my scores have improved quite a bit (Yay!! Thanks myFico contributors!!).

If I take the secured card, it will be however long till it gets unsecured. Now, however, I'm wondering if I should let this offer expire and apply again with my better scores. (It's another hard pull, but I've already got a bunch, and I would almost rather do it all now so they all stop affecting the score at the same time, rather than in little bits.)

Or I could call the back door number? What do you think?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: advice please - BoA

I'd call the backdoor #. If you can get a live person on the phone & explain the situation, they may be able to pull a soft and get you approved for a better card.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: advice please - BoA

Congrats on the improvement! If you want to risk another inquiry, then go for it. The secured card IMO, is just as good. It will unsecure within 9-12 months and will grow with you.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.