cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after I pay my card each month. when can I use it again?

tag
purplestaples

Re: after I pay my card each month. when can I use it again?

I wait for my paper statements then pay online. Do you guys check your score on this site? I didnt sign up but maybe I should?
Message 11 of 14
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Once your payment posts to your account, you should be fine to use your card again. If you're worried about what amount is going to be reported to your CR, like someone else already said, CCC typically posts your statement balance. You don't have to check the score here but this is the only site where you can purchase a fico score.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 12 of 14
fixingitohio
Contributor

@coterotie wrote:

@Rain77 wrote:

@carmen6505 wrote:
Yes i want it to report zero each month. So if I call them will they be able to tell me when my statement closes each month?

You can or look at the statement

I don't know how to bring this up delicately, but you aren't trying to manage your credit cards using paper are you?  That my friend is a recipe for disaster.  The only way to make sure your payment gets there on time is on-line.  Also the only sure fire way to monitor when things post etc.  Wal-Mart is famous for not posting stuff until after the statement drops and you can't pay it before it posts (been caught like that almost every month I have had the card)

You're here on an internet chat board so you must have internet access.

You can still receive a paper statement if it makes you feel better.

Or they could look at the statement online.  "Look at the statement" doesn't mean look at paper necessarily.

Starting Score: 640 TU / 593 EQ / 596 EX (3/1/13)
Current Score: 695 TU / 725 EQ / 673 EX (11/7/13)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
coterotie
Established Contributor

@fixingitohio wrote:

@coterotie wrote:

@Rain77 wrote:

@carmen6505 wrote:
Yes i want it to report zero each month. So if I call them will they be able to tell me when my statement closes each month?

You can or look at the statement

I don't know how to bring this up delicately, but you aren't trying to manage your credit cards using paper are you?  That my friend is a recipe for disaster.  The only way to make sure your payment gets there on time is on-line.  Also the only sure fire way to monitor when things post etc.  Wal-Mart is famous for not posting stuff until after the statement drops and you can't pay it before it posts (been caught like that almost every month I have had the card)

You're here on an internet chat board so you must have internet access.

You can still receive a paper statement if it makes you feel better.

Or they could look at the statement online.  "Look at the statement" doesn't mean look at paper necessarily.

Got confused when OP was talking about calling on phone.  Since the information is available on-line I assumed everything was being done non-electronically.  And as I mentioned earlier, WMT has the habit of waiting till after the statement cuts to post stuff, or to post on the statement date.  If you're not watching on line you wouldn't know this and couldn't add anything to cover the late post and still report a zero balance.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.