Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

age old question new problem for me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

age old question new problem for me?

ok, my score sucks lol.  mostly because i had a small company and i used personal credit cards to fund it. Well i will have them all paid off in 3 months .

summary:

2 credit cards capital one  visa and mc  paid off  small credit line  (put small balances on it to show activity )

1 Master Card 50% paid off 5K credit line
1 AMEX 40% paid off , 16K credit line.

Like i said all will be paid off in the next 3 months, but what i want to know is will the fact im paying the amex and mc off show quickly on my report or should i call in and say.. "hey can you report that its paid off to the credit agencys"

thanks again for you help and time reading this

p
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: age old question new problem for me?

You could always call and request they do an off-cycle bureau update. I don't know that they will, but perhaps you could persuade them. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

Your cards will update to the CRAs on your statement date.
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

And unfortunately, AmEx has a 4-week lag. So if your statement posts on the 16th (like mine does), that new balance won't show up on your reports until the following 14th. Such a PITA.

Try to pay online 5 days before the statements post to ensure that it's reported ASAP.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.