cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all that wait and then declined for 3xcli how can this be...

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: all that wait and then declined for 3xcli how can this be...

Your best bet is to look up the Executive Office number and give them a buzz.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 16
Networth
Frequent Contributor

I would call but unless you speak to someone higher up amex does not change CLI decisons. I would not be surprised if it has to do with your old Optima, Amex is odd sometimes. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 12 of 16
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Many times Amex CSRs on the lower end behave as if they worked for Cap One, so try and take it up a notch and speak with a higher up person.  I did that and I emailed them and finally, almost a month later, got a response.  The response was in my favor over the bonus rewards miles for my Delta card.  I was offered by the same person a recon on my 61 day CLI request that I did not pursue.  I figured I would just wait that out a bit.  I am at the 5 onth mark with them and also know that I must wait until the 22nd to ask again.  It is automatic denial if it has been less than 3 months since the last request.  (Good or Bad.)  I do think taking it up a notch will prove to be the best way to handle it. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 13 of 16
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

I did call in and it turns out it is the old optimum account its a 92 dollar issue that American Express is looking at it and in a way that I have not paid back in 15 years! I was not even aware of it, its not on my car's since I guess it's been so long, if I'm blacklisted then how did I get the Zync and BSP?

I'm now afraid to pursue the cli, I don't want to make a fuss and maybe get my accounts closed. Two accounts reporting almost 17 years of history is priceless

Message 14 of 16
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:
I did call in and it turns out it is the old optimum account its a 92 dollar issue that American Express is looking at it and in a way that I have not paid back in 15 years! I was not even aware of it, its not on my car's since I guess it's been so long, if I'm blacklisted then how did I get the Zync and BSP?

I'm now afraid to pursue the cli, I don't want to make a fuss and maybe get my accounts closed. Two accounts reporting almost 17 years of history is priceless

If you feel American Express is worth it, you could offer to pay the 92 dollars. Personally I think paying the 92 dollars is worth it.

Message 15 of 16
Networth
Frequent Contributor

I would leave it alone personally but thats just me. Why have them dig through records and decided to freeze your accounts. If you want to push it than definatly offer to pay the $92 they claim you owe. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.